Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

CROM1E'S 2003 VY S-pack

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Mmm wraith was figuring out petrol vs lpg consumption the other day. Worked out he saves about $10 a week using lpg.

Um 57km is highway? Duuuude lol

It was through suburbs then into an 80 zone then 100 zone for a few k's, alot more open than the 60-70 km windy roads through to kuranda.

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
It was through suburbs then into an 80 zone then 100 zone for a few k's, alot more open than the 60-70 km windy roads through to kuranda.

Whats the roads like up there? We got plenty of nice windy roads to go cruising on but friggen potholes are a bitch. Especially after all this rain we've had

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Whats the roads like up there? We got plenty of nice windy roads to go cruising on but friggen potholes are a bitch. Especially after all this rain we've had

Pretty good, seems like every day I drive though I go through an area with roadworks on it, especially up the hills through to kuranda, very very dangerous road when it rains...always lots of crashes.

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Just realised I ain't never commented on this thread, despite having read it before lol. Tops car mate :thumbsup:

Personally I was not a fan of the VY/VZ Commodores, the rear end never looked good to my mind, took too much away from the VT/VX curvy design. You car looks really good mate, ride heights pretty good, low - without being stupid. And it is all clean and matched well. Anyway, as long as you like, the rest of us can bugger off lol. Where do you intend to go from here? Any big plans?

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Just realised I ain't never commented on this thread, despite having read it before lol. Tops car mate :thumbsup:

Personally I was not a fan of the VY/VZ Commodores, the rear end never looked good to my mind, took too much away from the VT/VX curvy design. You car looks really good mate, ride heights pretty good, low - without being stupid. And it is all clean and matched well. Anyway, as long as you like, the rest of us can bugger off lol. Where do you intend to go from here? Any big plans?

Thanks mate, I really like the VX-VY-VZ's, they"re easily my favorite...I was looking at getting a VX S and managed to pick this one up for 3-4k less than market value at the time so it was a steal.

Big plans?...not really, SSV's are the biggest plan but I have so much other stuff non-car related that I need to pay for right now so the car has taken a back seat (no pun intended), I want to get a 4-point camber kit aswell if I do get 19's.

I want to keep this car for a long time so eventually when the money comes in and my standard seats wear out I wouldn't mind finding some nice leather seats for it...maybe get it custom trimmed though because I'm not a huge fan of the factory leather nor do I want seats that have the SS trim on them. I saw some coulsons online the other day and they look amazingly comfortable and I think black would work well in a silver car, I"ve seen cheap'ish red leather seats on ebay but I think they would look terrible in mine...colours would clash way to much.

SVWinna

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 VE Sii
I want to keep this car for a long time so eventually when the money comes in and my standard seats wear out I wouldn't mind finding some nice leather seats for it...maybe get it custom trimmed though because I'm not a huge fan of the factory leather nor do I want seats that have the SS trim on them. I saw some coulsons online the other day and they look amazingly comfortable and I think black would work well in a silver car, I"ve seen cheap'ish red leather seats on ebay but I think they would look terrible in mine...colours would clash way to much.

Ya. That's what I was thinking. When we picked up our SV6 the dealer said we could color optimize our leather for free because he delayed us for so long.
This bought me to the realization that you cant colour code a White/Silver/Grey car interior wise...lol

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Ya. That's what I was thinking. When we picked up our SV6 the dealer said we could color optimize our leather for free because he delayed us for so long.
This bought me to the realization that you cant colour code a White/Silver/Grey car interior wise...lol

Yeah I think something like black leather with some crisp silver trim/stitching on it would look great, I do like the standard seats though. What did you end up doing with your interior?

SVWinna

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 VE Sii
Yeah I think something like black leather with some crisp silver trim/stitching on it would look great, I do like the standard seats though. What did you end up doing with your interior?

We got him to leave the leather the standard colour (Black with grey insert and stitching).
He chucked in the 7 tanks of fuel instead ;P
Im still cant believe he did that...lol

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Funny story today:

My girlfriend just got home after borrowing my car to go to work today, she told me on the way home she pulled up at some lights, a black car with dark windows pulled up next to her and started revving hard the entire time the light was red, obviously egging her on for a race, she laughed she said that even with tinted windows on the car she could tell they were cops so she didn't do anything and they just planted it sped off when the lights went green, apparently it was a female driver with a male passenger cop, police training up here must be a tad different than melbourne:p.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
We got him to leave the leather the standard colour (Black with grey insert and stitching).
He chucked in the 7 tanks of fuel instead ;P
Im still cant believe he did that...lol

7 tanks?, lol what the hell?...I"ve heard of people chucking in a full tank but I"ve never heard of 7 tanks....did you not negotiate heaps with the price so he just thought he had alot of room to move with money?