Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cruise control wiring loom

The Recidivist

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX2 Executive Wagon
I'm wondering what is involved in removing a cruise control wiring loom out of a VT-VX donor vehicle and re-installing it in mine.

Has anyone reading this post ever removed and/or installed a cruise control wiring loom on a VT-VX and, if you have, how difficult was it?

Thanks

The Recidivist

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX2 Executive Wagon
There must be somebody out there who knows just what's involved.

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
Well,in short,A LOT.Just install one of the after market units,easy as.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
You will need the cruise control wiring loom, the cruise type blinker switch, the brakelight/cruise cancel switches, cruise control relay, cruise control actuator module and the cable that goes to the throttle body. Some cars will already have all the necessary wiring looms etc there, and you just need to plug in the parts. Theres probably a couple of other things Ive forgotten about.

The Recidivist

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX2 Executive Wagon
You will need the cruise control wiring loom, the cruise type blinker switch, the brakelight/cruise cancel switches, cruise control relay, cruise control actuator module and the cable that goes to the throttle body. Some cars will already have all the necessary wiring looms etc there, and you just need to plug in the parts. Theres probably a couple of other things Ive forgotten about.
Thanks Brett_jjj.

I have most of the parts you've listed except the wiring loom. GM used to sell the cruise control wiring loom for VT/VX's as a separate item, so common sense tells me if it is possible to get one, it must be possible (but not necessarily easy) to retrofit one into my vehicle (a VX2).

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
It should already have the plugs etc for the extra loom to connect to.
Come on guys, surely theres someone on here who owns a VX and has done this mod, and can shed some more light on the subject??