Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cruising forum/s?

B

BR377

Well that sounds like the best compromise, but say as for QLD you would need 2-3 cruisemakers because you've got the gold coast/brisbane area, then townsville, cairns ect.
You couldn't go along to everything lol.

Jesk

registered lunatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
96 ef2 fairmont
kbarker said:
Hey BR377. I can see why JC is concerned, there's a growing club. As I said in an earlier post not many of us are 'idiots', but some are...

I spoke to 'rat' and he is looking at having a 'cruise maker' for each state. Anyone with an idea for a cruise goes though this person and helps with meet points and the like [or whatever they need help with]. If it's a pre-planned cruise the will just post it to the 'cruise maker', and they will post it for them... Still in dicussion, but will probably by the one they go with for the time being...

Hope I got that right rat ^^^

Kurt

sounds a pretty sensible compromise to me

kurtbarker

Reaction score
BR377 said:
Well that sounds like the best compromise, but say as for QLD you would need 2-3 cruisemakers because you've got the gold coast/brisbane area, then townsville, cairns ect.
You couldn't go along to everything lol.

Yeah I can see what your saying there as well, i'll suggest it when I speak to him again. but I have with 'rat' about this, breifly. I think Sydney could be an area run by 1 person [for example], and I say this because if we have more than 1 for the same area, it could get nasty, but if we divide the state up, that is also another option... just leave it for the moment guyz, we'll be sure to let you know when something comes up.

Thanks for your support with this 'idea'

Kurt

B

BR377

no problemo :)
Thanks for the information, have to wait and see how it turns out.

R

rattattack1313

Have a look at the list in the other thread , blokes & blokettes........ :yeah:

Morgasshk

Morgasshk
Reaction score
Website
www.personaltradingpost.com.au
Members Ride
VY Exec 3.8L Sedan 9C1 Pack
Hello all.

In Brisbane commodore, we all have to have a club sticker and sign a disclaimer form about silly things, like speeding, pulling skids etc - the club is then covered if someone makes a knob of themselves and should pose little repurcussion to the club itself...

Only been on a couple of cruises so far, but all have gone off sweetly with little hassle and no issues.

David

R

rattattack1313

Already made,( the disclaimers), mate........................................

Jesk

registered lunatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
96 ef2 fairmont
Fair enough rat, they are pretty useless in a court of law though (so if anything really heavy happens it means all of jack) but the disclaimers will hopefully make people think about their actions before they do stuff, and best of luck with all the cruises, cos its highly unlikely for me to ever attend one, cos 1. no commie, 2. too much on in the future, also rat sorry about appearing as a we blanket in this thread i just dont want things to just go pearshaped for all the guys and girls who work so hard to keep JC functioning so well, btw no images are appearing anywhere in the website at the moment, and it wouldn't allow me to get into JC 20 min ago cos of some server error your end, **dont worry back to normal now**

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
kbarker said:
At the moment I do not see JC as a 'cruising forum'. I have no no replies about my cruise, there was a Charity Cruise thread listed, and it wasn't even getting good interest.. But on other forums both of these threads were flying. Why? because JC in my opinion is a technicial board for commodores.

I agree with you totally here. JC is a national technical forum rather than a cruise forum. I have been a member here for sometime and belong to a club here in SA. I too have advertised cruises here for my club and the only ones that respond are the current club members. A couple of years back Jafo, myself and a couple of others attempted to organise cruises for SA JC members, but each one fell flat as most people who come here already cruise with clubs. We found that people say they are coming, but never show up on the day. The interest simply isnt there.

We have enough clubs here in SA to cover every weekend in the month, therefore any attempt to organise a SA cruise for JC will, as proven, fall flat. I understand a couple of guys from SA tried to pull together a cruise for SA JC'ers recently and had the same results. I know one of them (subdue) has since joined our club and cruises with us.

I suggest those of you here that want to cruise, go to SC and hit the cruise section and join one of the many clubs already established. Lets leave this as a technical forum - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

C.

Indy_387

Reaction score
Sashyre said:
I agree with you totally here. JC is a national technical forum rather than a cruise forum. I have been a member here for sometime and belong to a club here in SA. I too have advertised cruises here for my club and the only ones that respond are the current club members. A couple of years back Jafo, myself and a couple of others attempted to organise cruises for SA JC members, but each one fell flat as most people who come here already cruise with clubs. We found that people say they are coming, but never show up on the day. The interest simply isnt there.

We have enough clubs here in SA to cover every weekend in the month, therefore any attempt to organise a SA cruise for JC will, as proven, fall flat. I understand a couple of guys from SA tried to pull together a cruise for SA JC'ers recently and had the same results. I know one of them (subdue) has since joined our club and cruises with us.

I suggest those of you here that want to cruise, go to SC and hit the cruise section and join one of the many clubs already established. Lets leave this as a technical forum - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

C.

Sorry, but you are wrong, our cruise was good, bout 12 ppl... all good.

But it's ok, becuase you drive a VT.