Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Crusie Control Not Working

frenzal_tom

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VS2 Berlina
ey i hrd ppl saying about the crs light coming on
i have a series 2 does that mean crs light doesnt come on? or the light on the dash for it has died
mine just says on when cruise is on

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Dead Bulb!

frenzal_tom said:
ey i hrd ppl saying about the crs light coming on
i have a series 2 does that mean crs light doesnt come on? or the light on the dash for it has died
mine just says on when cruise is on

That would be a dead bulb. Not uncommon in aging VS's.

Don Sutton

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Acclaim
It is common for the indicator stalk switch which has the cruise controls on it to fail rendering the cruise control inoperative with either the crs light not coming on or it comes on and stays on, when ign on of course, but cruise control does not work. It seems the wires fatigue and break with constant flexing of the wire as the indicator is operated. Costs about $170 for stalk fitted by Holden dealer. Had mine done in November last year after being told by another dealer it would be $650 for a new cruise control unit. Second dealer stated they have never heard of the main unit going and that it is usually the switch.

H

hsv just want one

hi ive had this problem the,green,crs,light,comes,on,but,the orange,on light,is not engageing while,driveing,on,the highway i brought a new cruise indicater switch over 1 year ago had that tested by 3 auto electricions all said the switch is ok,power,to,all,wires,good and,nothings,wrong,with the switch must be the module,they said,so ive gone to the wreckers and tryed 3 modules by piggy,backing on top of my one and plugging in my wireing harness and same thing the green,crs, light, comes on but the orange,on light doesnt flash when pressed so its not the module and the brake,lights tail,lights all work fine and its not the brake switch or cruise switch cause ive checked,and,adjusted them in ok and its not the relay cause ive checked that to and also not the globe in,behind the dash so sometimes the cruise control works,orange,on light,comes,on,engaged,when driveing has mind of its own intermittedly, also my speedo needle jumps a bit crawling speed,only but works fine when driving and jumps once,when turning the reds on could this be a prob with the vss, sensor in auto box can any one out there help would be appreciated tnx

Last edited by a moderator:

VROCIOUS

Searching for more HP
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
04 HSV VY update Avalanche
sick i am having the same problem with my ss and half wondered if it was the stalk or the unit itself. i might have to borrow a stalk of a mate to try it out then scour e-bay and the wreckers. thanks for the advice above guys

DoinItMyself

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Series II manual wagon
Im a bit late for this conversation, however I have been having problems with my Vs Wagon that has Cruise Control added to it....lately after realising my fuel filter was put on the wrong way I have solved most headaches but in driving down the highway yesterday I tried using Cruise Control and as had done previously the Engine Warning Lamp comes on...Im suggesting there is a strength issue either within the motor or the cruise unit (wouldn't have a clue)...fuses, and all that seem to fine...it really feels like the car is labouring even if I give it throttle going uphill...yeh I even had entire car shut down on highway and have to clutch start dam thing....ANY SUGGESTIONS?? Is it electrical? Is it my motor? Should I disable the Cruise Control completely in order to prevent damage to vehicle until Ive sorted prob out?? THANKS

Forgot to mention too, due to it being added on after purchase (not by myself) there is no dash-light to inform me of it being on. It does work just labours and interferes with engine running

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
If its not working right then dont use it and i would think that it would do no harm to your engine. Check your error codes(do a search on how if ur unsure) and see what its doing to things, it may help you diagnose whats going on. It could lead you on a tangent also if somthing has been done dodgy and shorting out or earthing out somwhere.