Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Custom catback exhaust

2005vzute

Djabringyagrogalong
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2005 VZ Ute M6
im jealous of all you felas with an exhaust:( haha...my ute needs some work badly haha

figsvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz SV6 2005
hey figsvz, i dunno much about exhausts when it comes to replacing or modifying...what are the exact brands/models of ur exhaust parts and setup...would a twin 2.5 catback system sound good? with high flow cats?

hey dude, Ace exhaust are heaveyly into Redback exhausts systems so i think mines a red back. It's just a
straight back 2.5 inch pipe from the manifold no high flo cats or extractors *YET* and then it goes into a twin
exhaust tip. The guy tells me that when i get my extractors and high flow cats the car will be a lot more powerful and
also lots louder. My system is loud enough for the moment its a nice deep growl and turns heads everywhere when
im driving at low speeds even. When i chuck it in park and rev it its also pretty loud. I'm also quite fussy so if i say its good its alright. A twin system wont be as loud (correct me if im wrong) one of my mates who is into cars pretty heavey told me that the single pipe will produce a better sound and be a bit louder. But to be honest i would go a twin system purely for the fact it looks alpha as all hell lol

2005vzute

Djabringyagrogalong
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2005 VZ Ute M6
so it's just exhaust manifold, no cats at all? or just standard cats?, then straight 2.5inch pipe and to make it look good a twin exhaust tip right?

Dragz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
I regret getting a 2.5 exhaust...as soon as i got the exhaust fitted my fuel consumption was so **** still is. used to get 700ks per tank and now i get 300-400 =(....Sux!

Ryley

VZSV6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Drill holes in your muffler, LOL!

DeathVZaudiO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Exec Sedan
Dude i possibly have a twin 2.5 stainless system for sale cat back to the tips. Was siiick but little babies aren't happy being in the car with it. Offer?

2005vzute

Djabringyagrogalong
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2005 VZ Ute M6
what tips are on it? what condition is it in...whats a ballpark price your looking for? was it really as sick as you make it out to be?

DeathVZaudiO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Exec Sedan
Its a full stainless steel Xforce kit, it is 6 months old. With Stainless tips. Over in Victoria but. Its basically just run in really. Only a couple of little scrapes on it, could pass it off as new. I love it, boot the car and the general consesus from all my friends and judging from peoples faces was "What The Hell"???? I do have a growler kit too though..... But ok you have called me out, My whole car is for sale and this 2.5 system with my stainless hiflow cats and pacemaker extractors is too loud to get a rwc. Looking for a gen 3 catback system just to quieten it down a tad. Very sad time for me, going from my beastie commodore to a 80 series turbo diesel landcruiser. Better than a stinkin tarago but.

2005vzute

Djabringyagrogalong
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2005 VZ Ute M6
whats an rwc?...road worthy certificate?...ahh man, i can't attract too many piggy's, im only just gunna be on my p's in mid september

figsvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz SV6 2005
Hey dude yeah standard cats 2.5 inch pipes and a twin tip I have a red sv6 with custom plates and I don't even hoon and cops love me