Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Custom Number Plates

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
(disclosure; i have custome plates but recognise the vanity of them :eek: :p)

I always thought they were pretty tacky until my kids bought me some (initials000).

Unknown to me, for years they'd been keeping an eye out for them to become available and when they did they bought them for me.

I immediately realised there's nothing tacky about personalised plates...

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I almost had my order for my plates cancelled because they thought it could be read as "YA HO" or "you whore" ffs , but i contacted PPQ , the supplier and he managed to get them passed

Yayo or Yeyo from the Latin word llello.

All with a similar pronunciation and slang for cocaine wouldn’t make it easy either.

peterhor

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Chev SS 6spd; 2017 SSV Redline Spitfire 6spd
I have 'HOLDEN' for my Seattle based 2015 VF and 'LSTGN1' for my 2017 VF2 in Aus Storage

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
4x4nc8.jpg

Currently for sale on trademe nz if interested

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Someone in NSW had 6ULDV8 but that was withdraw after being on the streets for a while...

And someone has WEPN in Vic but that is also being withdrawn though the owner is going to fight it.
Funny thing is that number plate was around long time ago but it was funny at the time but not now because if you were charged with sexual offenses you will bet you balls the DPP will use the number plate against you. I still have all of my PP from NSW and one of them today is offensive for the time we live in right now.

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
Restyled my first ever number plates from general issue to personalised. 1bs2bt. I'd love to get them back for my next car because I had a funny sentence for them.
For the moment the plate is quarantine after being deregistered. I'd have to change the numbers to letters and I don't want people thinking the first part stands for "irritable bowel syndrome"

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I have had NSW personalised plates (3 letters, 2 numbers, 1 number) on my cars for 25+ years, no yearly fee, or exorbitant issue prices back then.
Also discovered about the same time that NSW 3 letter 3 numbers started the numbers at 050, so personalised plates could get the low numbers.
Number plate for missus fixed, same no fees, only standard issue price.
Saves old people the inconvenience to trying to remember what the current plate is
Personalised plates have now become a money making rort for NSW Gov.

peterhor

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Chev SS 6spd; 2017 SSV Redline Spitfire 6spd