Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cut off by other driver doing an illegal u turn

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
as much as redbook is used vastly, it wont neccessarily rely on between that price range mate

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
Its my understanding that as its not your insurance covering the costof the car you still own the car and dont have to pay to get it back but if it was your insurence covering it they get the car and you have the option of buying it back ? not sure if thats still the case was told of this years ago but have never had to try it out .

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Its my understanding that as its not your insurance covering the costof the car you still own the car and dont have to pay to get it back but if it was your insurence covering it they get the car and you have the option of buying it back ? not sure if thats still the case was told of this years ago but have never had to try it out .

My car, i was at fault and car a write off. Wasn't able to buy it back, or even remove a headlight globe as was a normal part. Only personal items.

Heard though if other person was at fault, victim can buy back their car only on some occasions and some insurance companies

Sent from my HTC Liberty

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
I dunno where people get the idea from that if a car is written off and you want it back, you need to buy it from the insurance company... sorry to say, it is still your car regardless, you can do with it as you please, however IF you simply want to say good bye to it, you can let them dispose of it, OR you can strip what you want, then CHARGE THE INSURANCE CO to have it removed to salvage.

BTW what is it with QLD commys being T Boned on this forum this week? lol