Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cyclists on the road

Status
Not open for further replies.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
it annoys me when i see a cyclist riding on a busy 2 lane road (stud road for those in vic), with no bike lane holding up traffic. 2 lanes of cars have to merge into one because there is a cyclist on the road. now, to the left of the road, running parallel, is a dedicated bike track. why cant they ride on that instead of choosing to annoy every motorist on the road?

welly01

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
I'll happily share the roads with cyclists when they have to cough up for rego like the rest of us! :thumbsup:

They're bloody everywhere where I live.

thats larfable .. just like there are a few idiots on bikes .. there are way more idiots in cars ..what you gonna do !..pay rego on your kids bikes so they can ride to school ( if u have any ) thats just a stupid statement to make ..bit like ..if i cant have one he cant either attitude !!
i see you drive a monaro .. wouldnt have been cheap ay .. glad you could afford it .. maybe some of these people on bikes cant afford the big flashy cars and dont desire to get themselves into major debt just so they can get from a to b ..in fact i tip my hat to these people they arent the ones that are polluting the air we breath or wasting resources just to go for are joy ride are they now !!

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Cyclists need to learn that they can crap on about having "As much right as anybody to be on the roads" as much as they like, but at the end of the day, its their actions which cause them to get killed or injured, as much as it is drivers fault in some cases.

I've seen a cyclist, going up Lonsdale street, with one hand on on the boot spoiler of an SS Commodore.

Also saw a cyclist get done by two cops on bikes for going through a red light

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
Cyclists need to learn that they can crap on about having "As much right as anybody to be on the roads" as much as they like, but at the end of the day, its their actions which cause them to get killed or injured, as much as it is drivers fault in some cases.

my experience is that you're right, but in other cases it's just the driver's fault. drivers and cyclists both need to do the right thing. pretty obvious really.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
thmaybe some of these people on bikes cant afford the big flashy cars and dont desire to get themselves into major debt just so they can get from a to b ..in fact i tip my hat to these people they arent the ones that are polluting the air we breath or wasting resources just to go for are joy ride are they now !!

Saving for a car isnt that hard. Also, if cyclists are so happy to not pollute the air, then they should be happy not to use our electric powered train network, because, Electricity is the biggest cause of greenhouse gas emissions, at over 50% of australia's emissions coming from Electricity and something in the form of 14% coming from motor vehicles.

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Sharing the road with cars is why I'm scared to ride a bike any where especially to work. I just don't feel safe. I rather just take the car even though it will cost more. I rather be safe.

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
thats larfable .. just like there are a few idiots on bikes .. there are way more idiots in cars ..what you gonna do !..pay rego on your kids bikes so they can ride to school ( if u have any ) thats just a stupid statement to make ..bit like ..if i cant have one he cant either attitude !!
i see you drive a monaro .. wouldnt have been cheap ay .. glad you could afford it .. maybe some of these people on bikes cant afford the big flashy cars and dont desire to get themselves into major debt just so they can get from a to b ..in fact i tip my hat to these people they arent the ones that are polluting the air we breath or wasting resources just to go for are joy ride are they now !!

i think it's great there on the road...gives me n my mates something to throw stuff at on boring drives:D, the more cyclist on the road the more fun im bound to have:thumbsup:

keep it up

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909

Hey I have to pay TAC premiums in my reg so I'm covered for personal injury if I'm injured in a road accident. Do you think it is fair for a cyclist to be entitled to the same cover without also paying a premium? Hey I have no problems sharing the roads with bikes but they should pay for the privilege just like everybody else.

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
technically you only pay a TAC premium for 3rd party injury insurance, not for yourself. why that is i'm not exactly sure.

the 3rd party premium for cyclists would be so low that it would cost more to collect it than it would raise.

Status
Not open for further replies.