Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dafaq did I just read thread///

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I have driven setups with gears and stall, yes they could be driven on the street but I wouldn't say they had stock manners. Only driven turbo cars tho, no N/A V8's, maybe it's different in them.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Just to clarify, we are now using a TT 6.2L GTS on front runners and Drag Hosier's on the back running a 10.5s 1/4 as proof that a stock LS2 is an uncontrollable, traction dodging demon under anything more than 1/2 throttle?

frabz-dafuq-93bd40.jpg

As I said, love my clubby, love the power and the sound it makes. That old school, pushrod, beer engineering grunt sound. But come on, stock, they are boring and I know because I drove a fair few stock clubbies when hunting for mine.

Mine is pretty lively with 300rwkw+ and 4.11 gears but it's not even close to difficult to drive it normally and keep traction.

The only time I have issues is when it's wet and I have to start on an incline. Aside from that, I am able to drive it normally.... as is my wife.

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
.:Jester's HSV Z R8:.

Just going to put it out there.

4500stall & 4.11 is not a "Daily" That you can drive everywhere without everyone thinking you're just another dead weight in a Commodore.

I want you blokes to run a 11sec pass, With 350+ rwkw & still get under 10ltr/100km while cruising without your motor screaming its tits off.

Cheers
Mat

This was his daily driver for a very long time. People see big stall and gears and have a sook. Do u know how a lock up box works? Lock up converter will drive exactly like a stocker when cruising.

Didn't think they made V8 VZ execs Cav. Who takes heads off to shave them but doesn't port?

Yep. Not many was a police spec of something like that with factory 6.0ltr. Have u seen the l76/l98 heads. They flow crazy numbers from factory. There was no need.
Who would bother putting a stock LS3 cam when you could go a better aftermarket one?

That guy runnin low 11's bothered to do it. Everyone gets caught up in the bigger is best garbage. He ran low 11's with a cam under 210/210 .540odd lift on 114.

Credit needs to be given where credit is due.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Ahhh cool didn't think about that (ex-police car). Honestly the whole LSx engine bores me, couldn't tell you much of anything about them.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
.:Jester's HSV Z R8:.

Jeez, talk about hi-jacked. You do all realise this is Raf's build thread, not Pub?
6yjy4u6a.jpg

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Be gone, be gome filth from my thread and into random other thread.

*Waves mod wand*

*BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH*

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Long story short.

Balls.

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
No no... I'm pretty sure in the case of this thread is was short story long, *BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH*

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Did this thread get merged from somewhere?
I swear I've read this somewhere else

Nevermind Jester you're a genuis