Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Daily VY S2 SS Man UTE build...

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
Fair enough for not going with an OTR i always get asked why i have a V8 Ute and no boat to tow. It would be nice to say i have a race car to tow or race Ute :) . How is the Honda going seen any track time recently?.

ievaq8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 MAN SS UTE
^^^^yeh, I get some **** bout driving a SS from some, but then again they drive bombs...lol

civic saw calder last night...
went out for the first time on MT slicks (24.5x8x15) was scary with them on the front...lol
I wanted to practice launching and get the 60ft right so I pulled some boost out and did 8psi passes

managed a 12.84 @ 110mph with a 1.94 60ft
pretty happy considering my best 60ft b4 last night was a 2.13

more boost to come this week and hoping to b back out at calder next sunday

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Decent time then, another one on the wheels, was it much work to get 9.5's under the guards or just a decent roll? Thats the size I want under mine some day.

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
Get some heat into them haha 12.8 nice i remember when 13's were a big achievement (New Zealand) with the old vtecs yonks ago. Guess boost sorted that out you got to start a thread on your track beast up too.

ievaq8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 MAN SS UTE
Decent time then, another one on the wheels, was it much work to get 9.5's under the guards or just a decent roll? Thats the size I want under mine some day.

9.5 with +35 offset is prob the most I would go on the front and it was a decent roll, if I had rolled anymore, it would almost hump in the centre of the arch n look ugly...
I also wanted to run min same width as OEM tyre, no point going smaller in my opinion
so it has a 235/40 which is slightly stretched...
the rears I should of gone 10.5wide, as the 9.5 with +35 offset only needed a tiny roll...
I am running -1 degrees in the front cambers
and -2degrees in rear cambers

ievaq8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 MAN SS UTE
Get some heat into them haha 12.8 nice i remember when 13's were a big achievement (New Zealand) with the old vtecs yonks ago. Guess boost sorted that out you got to start a thread on your track beast up too.

didn't need heat, needed more boost/power as it would bog so hard, I almost stalled it on 1 run...lol

I was launching at 6500rpm on the 2step towards the end of the night...

I have build threads on other forums...
didn't think a commo forum would b interested in my "ricer" LOL

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Hmmm, I was thinking of just running 8 or 8.5 fronts and just going for big rears. My guards are already rolled so if 10.5 is achievable, even better.
Post up a thread on the Civic man, if its done nicely like the ute has been you'll get a good response.

ievaq8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 MAN SS UTE
Hmmm, I was thinking of just running 8 or 8.5 fronts and just going for big rears. My guards are already rolled so if 10.5 is achievable, even better.
Post up a thread on the Civic man, if its done nicely like the ute has been you'll get a good response.

civic thread started...
waiting on mods to approve...

on the other hand...

POWER N TORQUE
IMG_3061_zpsvps8cjyw.jpg

POWER N AFR's
IMG_3062_zpszxejozse.jpg

now it revs n breaths so easily to 6500rpm...(nothing like the civic, but it will do)

and it towed a lot betta on Friday night...