Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dark and Disturbing Australia Day

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
To be fair, 40,000 years is long enough to call something as yours? Such things would long have been forgotten by the ages, much the same as we're not telling stories around the campfire from 40k years ago either.

The 40,000 year thing - neandethal and the missing link etc. - is not the subject of enquiry. It is simply the mitochondrial DNA lineage of modern day aboriginals to these remains that is the matter of conjecture.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
It's long been a argument in NZ about "Who got here first " , The way I look at it is , we in New Zealand are all immigrants to an extent , who got here first , is a matter of conjecture , the Maori's say they were , some say a lost Inca tribe , personally I don't give a toss , about who was here first , I do get pissed off though when $$$$, get handed over for something as ridiculous as stretch of road on which a Taniwha ( mythical Maori monster ) lived in the river , and then OH it's gone now when a substantial sum of cash was donated , actually , that's quite clever now I think about it .:clap:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
It's long been a argument in NZ about "Who got here first " , The way I look at it is , we in New Zealand are all immigrants to an extent , who got here first , is a matter of conjecture , the Maori's say they were , some say a lost Inca tribe , personally I don't give a toss , about who was here first , I do get pissed off though when $$$$, get handed over for something as ridiculous as stretch of road on which a Taniwha ( mythical Maori monster ) lived in the river , and then OH it's gone now when a substantial sum of cash was donated , actually , that's quite clever now I think about it .:clap:

What I don't like is the officials covering up the true history on NZ because they don't want to offend the so called indigenous population.

I don't actually think it's much of an argument about who got here first as archaeological information is quiet clear about that, it's people willing to accept that information that is the point of contention.

What I do find hypocritical is when the Maori complain about the treatment of their fore-bearers by the colonial invaders but completely deny their own history and how they effectively wiped out the Maoriori who where here before them and covered up the evidence by eating their victims.

Sadly, it's much the same here in NZ, where human remains were found and tested and found to pre-date the Maori (invasion of NZ) but those remains where handed over to the local iwi who have basically covered up that evidence. Other archaeological sites have also not been preserved because they don't tie in with the official NZ time line and the (currently) recognised indigenous people of NZ.

Sadly, a certain portion of the NZ population can't seem to move on from the past and that is what is killing this country today. As long as one group believes they have more rights than others purely based on history and holds the rest of the country to ransom we will never move forward. History is great as a school subject but people need to learn to let go of history and get on with it.

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual

About an hours drive from where i live is a cave painting dating back 5000 years depicting men chasing and killing what look like bison. The cave paintings are in a place called Moraki. As far as Maori are concerned they have taken the fingers in the ears approach to it. In other words they don't want to know about it as it throws their scam right out the window as the first people to NZ.

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
What I don't like is the officials covering up the true history on NZ because they don't want to offend the so called indigenous population.

I don't actually think it's much of an argument about who got here first as archaeological information is quiet clear about that, it's people willing to accept that information that is the point of contention.

What I do find hypocritical is when the Maori complain about the treatment of their fore-bearers by the colonial invaders but completely deny their own history and how they effectively wiped out the Maoriori who where here before them and covered up the evidence by eating their victims.

Sadly, it's much the same here in NZ, where human remains were found and tested and found to pre-date the Maori (invasion of NZ) but those remains where handed over to the local iwi who have basically covered up that evidence. Other archaeological sites have also not been preserved because they don't tie in with the official NZ time line and the (currently) recognised indigenous people of NZ.

Sadly, a certain portion of the NZ population can't seem to move on from the past and that is what is killing this country today. As long as one group believes they have more rights than others purely based on history and holds the rest of the country to ransom we will never move forward. History is great as a school subject but people need to learn to let go of history and get on with it.

It was only a matter of 120 to 130 years ago that the Maori were eating and ethnic cleansing the Moriori from the face of the earth. The Moriori had the gall to believe in piece and harmony between peoples. The only reasonable answer to this was to sell land to the English for muskets and go and try and try and wipe out the Moriori and then eat them for good measure.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Haven't they come a long way in the last 100 years. They learnt to read and write and not eat thy neighbour :D

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
That's generalizing though, not all tribes were cannabilistic nor violent some were and still are peaceful.

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
Invented a stick.

It's the principle of the matter to me. If your a tourist yourself, don't call out others for being tourists.

Typical Abo's "This is our land we were here first: - Like hell it is. Before Australia existed it was part of Pangaea - the protocontinent. I am of direct descent from prototypical (protatoe?) Pangaea man, this land is as much mine as it is your, if not more so.

Ergo - no apology, I didn't dispossess you, you have no more rights than me, my family earned it's keep here.

Consequently I have no time for Abo's - and I define Abo's as Australians who play the race card. Everyone else is fine.