Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dash board turned off while driving!!!!

boohsv

boohsv
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore Berlina
Whats going on?went for a drive today and the air con turned off,,,thot the gas just finished but then everything in the dash board turned off while i was still driving,,,then it came on but kept turning off again for a while then on again.The power train warning light was also left on........then when i stopped the engine for a while and tried to start it again,,it would not start or even make a sound....What could it be? i also just got a new crank angle sensor put in a few wks ago..

daggett

Crazy Tiger
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Wagon
Battery/Alt maybe? Sounds like Alt not charging the battery and then the battery finally gave up the ghost

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
I had this happen to a car i had before the VX, Found it was a bad body earth to the whole car, was interesting cause be driving and everything on the dash would die, no speed or anything and sometimes would be jumping all over not knowing what speed you were doing lol. Have a look around at the body earths to make sure good connection. Just a thought.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
check the voltage regulator on the alternator. my dash did the same thing when i left if unplugged accidentally

boohsv

boohsv
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore Berlina
Where do i find the voltage regulator or alternator?sorry know nothin bout cars.lol

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
The alternator is the roundish item on the top-drivers side of the engine, it has one power cable and one 2 wire connector on it. Check that the connector is inserted properly.