Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dash Conversion

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
Could you fit a WL dash into a normal SS dash??? (the aircon/radio controls/screen etc)

DSCF0194.jpg

44009d1200311493-banks-vz-ssz-ute-img_6194-1024x768-.jpg

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
you could but it would involve removing the entire dash and you would lose your gauges.

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
Mate, i've been thinking the exact same thing. Might have to pull my caprice dash apart and see how it compares with the ss.

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
i dont see why it couldnt be made to fit ive seen VS statesman dashs in a VH that looked good i dont see why it wouldnt fit

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
i dont see why it couldnt be made to fit ive seen VS statesman dashs in a VH that looked good i dont see why it wouldnt fit

diffance is though the audio system and climate is incorporated into the one unit, unlike the vs dash that has all different systems running individually,

i dare say you wont have any problems fitting the dash physically, you will require the whole dash pad obviously and changing the wiring harness and bcm, but you should be able to the computer side of things fixed up at holden with a tech2 or even vcm suite disabling vats

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
you could but it would involve removing the entire dash and you would lose your gauges.

Yeah i was thinking about that, i'd have to haver a good look at a WL dash to see if there is anyway i could still have the guages ontop, i reckon it looks alot better then the normal dash.

andy - dashpad being the whole top of the dash? from the middle line up? Is that what you mean? i dont know if the curve from the dash to the actual console would be different.

I wouldnt have the stereo part cus im want to put a 7" screen there, so that large screen would only be used for the aircon and clock, is that possible?

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
andy - dashpad being the whole top of the dash? from the middle line up? Is that what you mean? i dont know if the curve from the dash to the actual console would be different.

I wouldnt have the stereo part cus im want to put a 7" screen there, so that large screen would only be used for the aircon and clock, is that possible?

hmm the curve is pretty darn close but i be convinced the centre stack with the screen climate area moulding is different, id also be under the impression the dash pad only goes to that top piece, and then top piece is clipped in,

id assume if you remove the cd player the information will just be removed from the screen, just like it does with the instrument cluster on the lesser spec models

edit: after comparing again, i GOT IT lol, compare the top left hand side of the air bag covers, the standard is curved, the stato squared straight back

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
You also have to remember that you would need to replace the center console cause the hazard button is down there, unless you could just rerun the wiring and retro fit a hazard button to the console.
You would have to look behind it all to see if it would fit.

392RWkwSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
let us know how it goes. and if it works how much it cost