Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dash n Temp

anfsvl

VPDRIVER
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 Holden Commodore VP SII EXEC
ok i was wondering can i install or get it installed a vr cluster in to a vp lke how it has the digi odo metre.... um also how will i go in fixing my temp gauge cos it aint clicking ova n afta 20 mins of driving i hit it n still wont move....if i install the new cluster will it work....

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
I don't think the VR dash will just drop into the VN/VP commodores. If all you're after is a digital display for things like odometer and so on, have a look at a level 3 cluster (out of a calais).

anfsvl

VPDRIVER
Reaction score
Members Ride
k kool cheers bro.... um who can i also find out about my temp gauge??? cos she still aint moving n marvzvp suggest i bash it a lil n tht still aint workkin in help well be appreciated

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
When you put the calais cluster in you will need to run one extra wire from the ECU to the dash, but there's enough threads on that around here.

And when you put the new cluster in it should have a temp gauge in it, that should solve that problem too. If it's still dead, then I'd suggest that it's time to look at the temp sensor in the engine.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
i answered this exact same question a few days ago. VR dash into a VP equals SMOKE. dont do it

StealthX

Reaction score
Website
www.stealth.nismo.org
Members Ride
HSV VX Clubsport.
Hey Stocky, VP lvl3 to VN will that = smoke too? (sorry to steal thread), anfsvl.. take the dash out and clean the connectors first using metho and lint-free rag, if no success, replace the water temp sensor, if still no go, get a lvl2 dash which will slot streight in or do the calais conversion.

anfsvl

VPDRIVER
Reaction score
Members Ride
all i want is the digi odo thts all which one is tht n were can i get on wreckers?

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
the level 3 cluster from a calais has the digial odometer (as far as I know), and I've never heard of the calais cluster smoking when it goes in either.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
StealthX said:
Hey Stocky, VP lvl3 to VN will that = smoke too? (sorry to steal thread), anfsvl.. take the dash out and clean the connectors first using metho and lint-free rag, if no success, replace the water temp sensor, if still no go, get a lvl2 dash which will slot streight in or do the calais conversion.

nope. VP to VN level 3 is fine. VN/VP is interchangeable. vr/VS is interchangeable

VR/VS to VN/VP will not work

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
anfsvl said:
all i want is the digi odo thts all which one is tht n were can i get on wreckers?

yeah go to the wreckers, or look on ebay. should cost 80-150 depending on the kilometres on it. i dont know why the calais dash tutorial has not been made a sticky yet. you will also need some extra wires, and the buttons that go on the left hand side to control the 3 lcd screens