Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dash warning lights

Discussion in 'VT - VX Holden Commodore (1997 - 2002)' started by vex, Dec 27, 2009.

1. vex

vex New Member

Members Ride:
    vx s2
    hi guys,
    recently while i have been driving the trac off, airbag and engine lights have been coming on (at the same time). this only lasts for about 10 seconds and they dissapear. it seems to be a random thing. any ideas?

2. 180sc

180sc New Member

Members Ride:
    VS Calais & vh sl
  3. Feraljay

Feraljay Jay

Members Ride:
    VT Wagon
    Could also be 1 of the front hubs check the wires from them might be loose Just a thought:idea3:

4. VTS5

VTS5 TechJunkie

Members Ride:
    '97 VT Spack 5 Speed
    Will get worse,replace ABS module asap.

5. damienwantss

damienwantss New Member

Members Ride:
    VT commodore/R33 GTS-T
    same thing with my wifes vt,came from no where all a sudden but the air bag warning light is always on but the engine light will come on but as soon as i take my foot off the accelerator it goes away then comes back on every few minutes.

6. piesman

piesman New Member

Members Ride:
    vx II clubsport r8
    I have a 2001 vx clubby and I have been having a similar problem, the engine, abs, trac off, airbag and oil lights stay on when i turn on the ignition and some times they come on after I have been driving for awhile. When the lights stay on the climate control doesn't work, the fuel guage shows full, the temp guage shows cold, the power light doesn't work and the gear change lights on dash dont move among other lights. Some days they switch on and off at random and some days they dont come on at all. Does anyone have a soloution for me.

7. lufkin

lufkin New Member

Members Ride:
    WH Manual LS1 Statesman & VT V6 Calais
    same thing has happened to me, was the abs module

8. hot-vt

hot-vt New Member

Members Ride:
    VT ss gen 3
    Hi guys sorry to hash up an old thread but I have just joined and was going to ask about the exact problem posted here, when I did a search and found this thread. Can anyone tell me what an abs module cost to fix? Will I need a new one and will I have to get a mechanic to install it??

The problem with my wifes car is the engine, abs, traction control, and air bag warning lights come on all together at times and for the first time yesterday a sound came on along with all the lights. Any help with my questions greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

9. jimmyp

jimmyp New Member

Members Ride:
    vt acclaim
    hi mate i replaced my wifes abs module last week. it cost me 440.00 including labour. 350 for the reco module and the rest labour.. a good auto elec can do it all the best....

10. accentstencil

accentstencil Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    WH II Caprice, 5.7
    There are always plenty of modules on ebay. It is very easy to fit yourself, only the electrical part needs to be replaced, not the whole unit with all the pipes connected to it.
    Here is a sample of what's on ebay:VT, VX, V6 ABS MODULE W/TRAC CONTRL C/O REPAIR SERVICE - eBay, Other, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 08-May-10 10:14:38 AEST)