Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

David hicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
With Hicks pleading guilty this means he is a known terrorist. Known Terrorists are banned from taking flights. How will he get home? :D

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
Why is it such a big deal that he is Australian? He was in Afghanistan, changed his name, as I see it-renounced his citizenship by taking up arms against the allies and all these civil libertarians are crying foul. He forfeited his rights to called Australian by joining a terrorist group.

you're still missing the point. that should be up to us to decide, not the yanks.

sad

Reaction score
Why is it such a big deal that he is Australian? He was in Afghanistan, changed his name, as I see it-renounced his citizenship by taking up arms against the allies and all these civil libertarians are crying foul. He forfeited his rights to called Australian by joining a terrorist group.

here here! you would not believe how sick i am of these people who see people get in trouble overseas and then go barmy when the authorities dare catch them its like they are saying "they can't have done that they're australian" i have no sympathy for the likes of this bloke.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
you're still missing the point. that should be up to us to decide, not the yanks.

You do understand how POW situations work don't you?

Some of you seriously need to spend some time in our defence force to see the effect of these morons first hand.

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
the issue is about how to properly try someone accused of terrorism.

it's completely irrelevant whether you think he's a scumbag, murderer etc. that is the job of the justice system to determine and distribute punishment.

you know about what the americans themselves call (ironically in their case) the separation of powers - judiciary, executive and legislature?

the military (who work under the executive) capture the bad guys. after then it's supposed to be up to the judiciary. i always thought it was simple and straightforward but apparently people are confused about how that works.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Ha ha...just noticed the by line under your avatar shumway. I'm over this argument. He got caught, they held him for 5 years (insert crying emots), he plead guilty....bye bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.