Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

De-Supercharging L67 and manualising ?!?!?!

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Yeah but he wants a manual , you would be able to easily get a manual to handle the torque but they chew the fuel and are a Bast%rd to launch. I had a 1998 Spac VT with all the FIT goodies and tunes of boost with a manual and it was a pig to lauch and chewed the fuel . Heaps of fun though

Sarcasm must have been lost on you...

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
They only use the fuel if you drive with your foot welded to the floor.. Manuals use less power than Auto's, so they will also use less fuel to run..

Yes because it's that simple........:hmmm:

don0xer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Calais 3.8L Supercharged
good luck with your conversion quest...

1. if your getting 17L/100k youve stuffed something up. check your vacc hoses and all clamps are tight for air leaks. if you put a oiled filter on it... clean the filter+maf and never oil it again.
2. there are plenty of power options with the m90 which are insignificant in price to say an outright 'otherbrand' charger kit ect. see yella terra/mace/TTT performance
3. check out l67torque.com as there is quite a few guys on there who have changed to a t5 ect.
4. /endthread

SBM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5Spd
I'm not sure if anyone here did maths at school but 12.6 doubled is 25.2 which is a far cry from 17.3. Either way installing a CAI shouldn't increase fuel economy but improve it. A t56 behind the l67 would probably be the best choice but why de-charge it?

Michelson4301

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Super6 Utility 5 speed
There is a dude up here that has gone twin charged on his L67. Still ironing out bugs.

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt II acclaim
don0xer you got it all wrong he's a pro remember
dam straight ;)
if you install a cai CORRECTLY it should double your fuel. (and thats 12.6 x 2 = 17.3 double ;) none of this dumb ass double 2x2=4 crap) im going to re-install my cai today and see if i can do it properly this time and get some unrestricted flow happning ....

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Yes these motors are awesome as a base, but a base for FI. Because u mentioned decharge it, we assumed u wanted it NA. Now as u may or may not know, the low compression is **** for NA use or for a daily, u should have been clearer in ur 1st post.

By all means use it for a project, most of the work has been done already. I don't now much about which charger is best and what limits they take til distruction, so I won't comment much, but unless ur going twin turbos stay with the m90.

I'll swap u my heads if ur still keen on the route u've mentioned :p

VTspec2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais S2 V6S
ok ok, after overwhelming support for the idea..... im going to just put a t-56 under it and leave it the way it is, haha, thought id put it out there and see what would happen...
oh well ... off to get me a new g/box