Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Deadlocked and flat batter

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
VE don't have deadlocking...so unless hes locked the keys in it, he should just be able to put the damn key I the door lock and open it.

isnt dead locking:

1: lock with remote key
2: press lock 2nd time on remote key
3: insert key into door lock and turn to right.

id think it would be pretty stupid to remove this feature? if that is the case.

thats what i do on my VZ anyway, plus steering lock the steering when ever i go shopping in Melbourne.

EDIT: which back to OP's question, drawn nailed it. been in the same scenario and key to door locks will pop the drivers door open.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Well my post is gone. Oh well.

I basically said the same thing as Drawnnite. That the key should manually unlock the driver's door.

Obviously my first reply is meant as a joke. lol :D

The OP created two threads, you replied in both however one thread was deleted for obvious reasons.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!

VZ was the last to have dead locks. VE on haven't and don't have deadlocks.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
isnt dead locking:

1: lock with remote key
2: press lock 2nd time on remote key
3: insert key into door lock and turn to right.

thats what i do on my VZ anyway, plus steering lock the steering when ever i go shopping in Melbourne.

EDIT: which back to OP's question, drawn nailed it. been in the same scenario and key to door locks will pop the drivers door open.
I noticed that if you sit in your car ( VE) and push remote button once door lock but can be unlocked by filpping the snib on the door . Press button twice and doors are dead locked snib won't open

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
I noticed that if you sit in your car ( VE) and push remote button once door lock but can be unlocked by filpping the snib on the door . Press button twice and doors are dead locked snib won't open

Are you sure? I had a 2006 (Calais), 2007 (Clubsport R8), 2008 (Calais V), 2011 (Calais) and 2012 (SSV) VE or VEII and not one of them had a deadlock feature. The interior "snib" would always unlock the locked car no matter how many times the lock button on the remote was pressed.

Actually now that I think about it I don't think I ever tested it in the VEII SSV. So I guess it might have been re-introduced. But when I queried the dealer about it years ago, they said it was a safety concern to have it so that's why it wasn't being continued from VZ to VE.

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
I read bulls..t from OP and everyone fell for it. He's just joined and asked a pretty brain dead question which everyone has rightly replied "use the key"

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Are you sure? I had a 2006 (Calais), 2007 (Clubsport R8), 2008 (Calais V), 2011 (Calais) and 2012 (SSV) VE or VEII and not one of them had a deadlock feature. The interior "snib" would always unlock the locked car no matter how many times the lock button on the remote was pressed.

Actually now that I think about it I don't think I ever tested it in the VEII SSV. So I guess it might have been re-introduced. But when I queried the dealer about it years ago, they said it was a safety concern to have it so that's why it wasn't being continuI ed from VZ to VE.[/QUOTE

Yep just tried it again . Press once for lock twice for deadlock

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Well they changed it back. Odd.