Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dealing with Pop-ups

mcin7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Commodore Executive
"I have AVG, Malwarebyte and Spybot"

There is your issue.

Haha.

Back to the topic, seeing it only happens on a couple of sites you say, I would change browsers.
Internet explorer is really, eh, lets just say they didn't follow standards until recently. I can't stand using it when I have to!
Chrome or Firefox, is the pick of the bunch, the decision is up to you. If you're on a smaller screen resolution go straight for Chrome as the view port is bigger.

If these popups still occur, you may need to get someone to do a proper virus removal/format as 'occasionally finding infected files but I can’t seem to get rid of these Pop-ups.'

Shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute
I've downloaded and installed Google Chrome. I won't connect or view any websites. Any help would be great.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
2 quick things for starters

1. clear ur internet cache..
2. tools -> internet options -> Advanced tab -> reset button, reset IE back to its defauts and u should be fine.

Google Chrome, logs and reports all websites u visit back to google..

emir3008

Reaction score
Website
emir3008.deviantart.com
Members Ride
VS Calais
I say just download firefox, it has an inbuilt pop up blocker, but you can download third party pop up blockers that work even better, so youll never have the problem of pop ups

Kurtp

VR Buicks > You ;)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series 2 V6 Sedan
If you have changed to chrome and having serious connection issues, and are getting pop ups in IE, i would have to assume you have a spyware/trojan issue, further which i would suggest buying a decent anti-virus and or anti-spyware protection program, such as NOD32 and Kaspersky (dont buy kaspersky pure ITS SHITHOUSE)

Shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute
Thanks to everyone that contributed.

I'm going to give NOD32 a shot.

Shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute
Tryed NOD32, terrible program. Slowed down the PC and made web browsing almost impossible.

i would have to assume you have a spyware/trojan issue, further which i would suggest buying a decent anti-virus and or anti-spyware protection program

What is decent anti-spyware program? (I remember Ad-aware use to be good, but you don't hear much about it)

UPDATE: I'm now using Mozilla, works better then Google Chrome did.

Last edited: