Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Decent Holden spare parts service

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I've read so many posts complaining about poor service from Holden spare parts staff that I wonder how many members have had good service from them.

I'm lucky, the local dealer is five minutes away and the service chap I deal with is absolutely outstanding. Nothing is too much trouble and he will search until he finds what I want. He has told me that he enjoys serving customers like me because we know our stuff, and if we say something exists, then it really does and off he goes through the computer to find it. An example was the seat trim for the passenger seat when I recently converted it to electric operation. Holden never offered four way electric passenger seats in the VY, but HSV did. He found what I wanted after a lot of searching.

Not only does Chris go out of his way to locate and order parts, I get them at trade price.

Everybody should be so lucky.

XLR8ing

VS Acclaim
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
I don't go to holden often as a lot of things are overpriced. Always the case with any car dealer. However when i do go down to the spares counter of my local dealer the guy there is always happy to help and if he doesn't have what i'm after he'll either tell me where i can get it from or order it for me. He's friendly and easy to talk to. Very happy with the service. Not so happy with their prices.

I've never taken my car in for a service or any work for that matter so i can't comment on their service in that department, but i believe that thats what most people complain about.

VSIIISU

Reaction score
Website
tuxsavvy.vox.com
Members Ride
VS III S Yewt
Hate to add to the list but I didn't get a good feedback from a Holden dealer about 15-20 mins away from where I lived. I was after CAI and they directed me to The Brock Shop. I went to The Brock Shop and asked for the price of CAI and they say $399 (I think) with fitting. I asked them what about the price of the product itself, and provided my contact information so they can get back to me with it.

Turns out till to this day they have not yet called me about the pricing for the parts.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Sale City Holden, continueous good service. The bloke in their goes out of his way to help me, especially when it comes to the VK he will spend hours chasing up parts for me, whether it be genuine or aftermarket parts, he never leaves me without a part or a source for a part. Also normally does trade prices. Cant praise them enough.

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
i have had ok service from holden. sometimes they give the wrong part. but they are overpriced. but if your desperate you will pay the price.

so if i can save some money and get it elsewhere i will. but if not i have to bite the bullet.

PRH

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp s utility,and a KENWORTH
Well i deal with the local holden dealer Stuart Harrison,and i find that all the staff are terrific,most times the prices are cheaper for the normal run of the mill service items,but i will admit that as i am in the trade i might get a better price on stuff.
Phillip :wax:

Flat_White

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Rolls Royce "Fantom"
Had to replace the oil sump plug in the VY the other day... the guy at the counter was so rude.. didnt say hello or make any communication.. he couldnt even care that i was waiting at the counter.

Ended up paying 12bucks to replace a lousy sump plug.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Had to replace the oil sump plug in the VY the other day... the guy at the counter was so rude.. didnt say hello or make any communication.. he couldnt even care that i was waiting at the counter.

Ended up paying 12bucks to replace a lousy sump plug.

Try replacing an Astra one.