Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Deciding what to get VF or VF series 2.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
I went from a VE SV6 to a VF2 SS...so was I going to give a stuff about any difference in steering?:D

Admittedly we had already traded a
VE2 SV6 ute for the VF2 SV6 ute but I honestly couldn’t pick a difference in the steering...possibly because I was wrapped with finally having a reversing camera, HUD, satnav, proximity key/push button start & all the other goodies that came with the Black Edition even tho it was only a SV6

...which is another thing to watch out for when you’re comparing models as not all of the VFs were built equally. So if you’re keen on certain accessories don’t just assume a model has them and certainly don’t go by what the ad says..always check the vehicle out first hand!

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Yep, I used to have a VE SV6 but got a VF SV6. The steering was definitely much lighter in the VF over the VE, but when I went back in a VE for a week I definitely preferred the VF steering. As you said, you just get used to it.

I didn't like how the VE steering would literally move over every single bump, or when driving up into your driveway over the rolled kerb would pull the steering wheel.

in a redline competition mode makes it nice and heavy again if you want it to be. best of both worlds.

as @Holden17 said don't assume on the extras, you gotta look about. Know what options were available to because they rarely add to the resale but can cost you to get later on.

snortings

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6
in a redline competition mode makes it nice and heavy again if you want it to be
I'd definitely like it heavy around a track (or so I think, haven't done a track day before).

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Wish mine had an internal SSD so i could load music and video files on it via my USB thumb drive :)

Also wish MyLink could play video files as it would be nice to be able to play the limited edition release video that was shipped in the gift box that came with my LE Motorsport. As is, the gift box is tucked away and has been sitting unused for well over a year so now the battery is probably dead since Holden would have used NiCad (being hi tech in their view) o_O

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
As is, the gift box is tucked away and has been sitting unused for well over a year so now the battery is probably dead since Holden would have used NiCad (being hi tech in their view) o_O

Just charge it up with a micro USB cable...

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, yeah, i know how to charge it up.
TBH it would have been better had they made the battery easily replacable becaise it will die, eventually.
And people would consider these as collectable objects that they'd keep for a long long time.
Probably some will squirrel them away in attic/storage along with their other collectables.
But hey, just charge up a dead battery with micro usb...

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
^ I think you’ve misunderstood; dead battery =/ flat battery :rolleyes:

A dead batteries will have issues with its chemistry and thus can’t be charged. It may be caused by a number of issues and the only real resolution would be replacement. Sadly, the battery is not user replaceable and you can be sure the cheap battery that Holden would have used wont last years and years :oops:

But I think we’ve gotten off topic as nobody buys a car based on a gift box ;)