Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Definition Of "Ricer"

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
Here are some definitions of a "Ricer" car.

Ricer = Object. (Est.-1990's?) A vehicle, usually of Japanese origin, front wheel drive drivetrain, engine displacement under 2 liters, in an inline configuration of 4 cylinders with weak horsepower & torque figures. But in extreme cases can be subjected to turbo charging and nitrous injection in an attempt to make vehicle faster. Other vehicle aspects are but not limited to: a round, chromed, straight-thru muffler with a chromed tip several inches bigger than the intermediate tailpipe. Sound is identical to a coffee can filled with bees or a hair comb covered with wax paper played like a harmonica. A wing mounted on the rear deck or trunk resembling an erector set. Some with multi wings to create more downforce to slow the vehicle down. Stickers on any part of the vehicle I.E. doors, fenders. Most common being "type R", "NOS", "APC" and various old english script.
Headlights that give off a bluish color to simulate HID systems. Fog lights with identical light patterns. A body kit made of fiberglass or plastic that gives the vehicle more of a streamlined look and to aid in handling such as a high speed flyby after losing a race. An onboard audio/video system that can exceed the value of the car, with multiple amps, tv monitors, and various video gaming systems. A wheel & tire configuration with oversized chrome rims & low profile Z-rated tires to aid in high speed cornering in shopping mall parking lots.

127200265924PM57221.jpg

Feel Free To Add:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Callie6lt

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT 5LT CALAIS
nah you pretty much covered it ! the dayglo colours!

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
The driver may apear as if they are asleep as the seat will be so far reclined.
The car will consitantly drive diagonally and very slowly over any mynute(?) bump in the road holding up all the cars behind

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
u summed it up well mate.

bang up job cobba

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
The driver may apear as if they are asleep as the seat will be so far reclined.
The car will consitantly drive diagonally and very slowly over any mynute(?) bump in the road holding up all the cars behind

I find that SOOOOO annoying, if they live in an area with speed humps then dont drop the bloody thing, I get stuck sitting behind subarus, skylines, and other "japanese" cars that do less than 10km/h over a speed hump (one time I think a snail beat him), so if there is no traffic comming I just floor it and do about 60-70 over them. Don't do any damage to mine and it's not low enough and around here they have the split speed humps, so lined up properly my wheels only just touch the speed hump...

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
^^^^ whats more annoying is when ricers or anyone for that matter does it and their car is stock height. do the whole big turn into the speed bump, one wheel at a time thing...

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
I know im gonna get flamed for this but why not haha!!

I don,t mind Skylines, WRX ,Supras, or any other decent performing jap car, (or any good performance car for that matter) and some of them will mash the average stock commy! i dont like little excels and other little 4 banger cars that sound like farts on wheels, but the above mentioned cars can sound rather nice when worked properly! To be honest with the addition of the jap cars (wich pretty much we had a boom of them here in oz after the fast and the furious) it broadens the street culture that was rather bland in Australia for so long (aka ford VS holden:rolleyes:) and the good news it gives the cops someone else to look @:D

LightningVP

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II 5.7 SV8
I know im gonna get flamed for this but why not haha!!

I don,t mind Skylines, WRX ,Supras, or any other decent performing jap car, (or any good performance car for that matter) and some of them will mash the average stock commy! i dont like little excels and other little 4 banger cars that sound like farts on wheels, but the above mentioned cars can sound rather nice when worked properly! To be honest with the addition of the jap cars (wich pretty much we had a boom of them here in oz after the fast and the furious) it broadens the street culture that was rather bland in Australia for so long (aka ford VS holden:rolleyes:) and the good news it gives the cops someone else to look @:D

If there done nicely then yeah it's fine, but when its a typical ricer car and they drive like the car will break going over a speed hump and think their cool lying down, not ok. my main problem with the CARS is that they get called "sports cars", but to me their just a cheap version of a sports car...Mustangs, Pontiac/Monaro, Cadillac, Porches, now they ARE sports cars

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
If there done nicely then yeah it's fine, but when its a typical ricer car and they drive like the car will break going over a speed hump and think their cool lying down, not ok. my main problem with the CARS is that they get called "sports cars", but to me their just a cheap version of a sports car...Mustangs, Pontiac/Monaro, Cadillac, Porches, now they ARE sports cars

True, about the typical stereotype of drivers of Jap cars but as for them being cheap sports cars as opposed to the ones you have mentioned i have to disagree, Sure SOME Jap cars are cheap sports cars but as far as the R34 GTR goes i think it qualify,s as a great sports car, and stock 4 stock would out handle any of the above mentioned cars except for the porsche! also add to the fact that the GTR falls into the same price bracket as the munro that would also make the munro a cheap sports car (wich it is anyway lol) but each to their own! also while on the same topic, the road review on the new model WRX wich went head to head with the munro, revealed excessive body roll in the munro, whereas the wrx was a tight, firm ride all around and it ran rings around the munro in terms of handling, and nearly matches its performance, in fact to quote what the artice said :the only way we can see the monaro as having any real advantage over the wrx was on the 1/4 mile drag strip! so yeah just something to think about!