Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Delivery Km's - how much to expect

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
There are a lot of different factors. I would think 20km is too high and they have driven your car to places to get tint or paint protection done when they should be towed there.

If they trucked them around they'd have to charge you extra (they're not a charity) and there'd be even more complaining about how you're getting ripped off.

We drive our cars for tint, non-gen accessories etc, that's what trade plates are for.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
If they trucked them around they'd have to charge you extra (they're not a charity) and there'd be even more complaining about how you're getting ripped off.

We drive our cars for tint, non-gen accessories etc, that's what trade plates are for.

Beat me to it. Anything under 50 is fine.

Factory - Lot
Lot - Truck
Truck - Dealer

Pre Delivery Options and Inspection roadtest.

Mavericks Choice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV M6, VF2 LS3 Calais V, VZ 6L M6 Crewie
My VF2 back in Feb 16 came with 8km

Larry Kin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 1 SS Storm Sportswagon
Mine had 3 km's on it, the dealer had their own fuel bowser as well.

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
First VF had 14km, second had 23km, third had 5km. Sometimes they get damaged prior to delivery (more common than you might think, easy to nick the paintwork when they're being transported) so they'll have a handful more kays after going to the repairer and back. Other times the manufacturer will randomly select a car and send it through an extended QC drive. Suspect my second car was either damaged or went through QC, or the foreman went out to do some pre-delivery skids. Don't care either way, as long as it's under 30km I consider it fresh.

adr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
Dealers are able to wind them back once so doesn't really matter.

Not anymore, quote taken from linked article "GMH has since stripped the special diagnostic tool of its ability to wind back odometers. The tool allowed dealers to limitless rewind the odometers of new Holden vehicles that had done less than 100km"

In answer to the OPs question mine had 11km when I picked it up.

http://webmedia.newseum.org/newseum-multimedia/tfp_archive/2004-10-28/pdf/AUS_CM.pdf

Last edited:

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
First VF had 14km, second had 23km, third had 5km. Sometimes they get damaged prior to delivery (more common than you might think, easy to nick the paintwork when they're being transported) so they'll have a handful more kays after going to the repairer and back. Other times the manufacturer will randomly select a car and send it through an extended QC drive. Suspect my second car was either damaged or went through QC, or the foreman went out to do some pre-delivery skids. Don't care either way, as long as it's under 30km I consider it fresh.

mine had a GCA and it came off the truck with 10 so unless yours had lots of rework done to it. mine was a 1st time quality car, no reworks at any stage of the build process

jbcow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 redline sportwagon
Mine had less than 5k. I don't think it had ever been run up to full temperature prior to delivery. Once I picked it up and got it home, quite a lot of smoke came off the exhaust. This is the protective film they spray on. I've never seen that on a new car, but I have on a new bike of mine, watched them uncrate it and put it together. They left it outside with me watching it idle with all the protective film spray burning off.

JAK71

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDLINE
Thanks guys - interesting to hear so many variables in delivery km's... I suppose I'm just paranoid in getting a new car that may have "too" many K's on it and thinking that it may have been thrashed around a bit, I've heard of some nasty stories where the dealership has taken cars for a joyride to get their thrills. Anyway one week to go so we'll wait and see :whistling

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Thanks guys - interesting to hear so many variables in delivery km's... I suppose I'm just paranoid in getting a new car that may have "too" many K's on it and thinking that it may have been thrashed around a bit, I've heard of some nasty stories where the dealership has taken cars for a joyride to get their thrills. Anyway one week to go so we'll wait and see :whistling

The Redlines have been out for a while so the novelty for the staff is over, you'll be more likely to have your car thrashed while in for a service.