Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Deposits on MY17

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
Hi all,
Just wanted to put this out there and ask how many people have put deposits down on MY17 Commodore's, if so why, and if putting down a deposit ties you down to 1 dealer, putting you in a worse position to negotiate and get the best price?
I have a few dealers pressing me to put a deposit down, saying it will guarantee me one of their cars out of the build allocation they will be given when MY17 is launched
Interested in your feedback
Cheers
RB

Brabham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nitrate VF2 SSVR
Just remember your deposit doesn't mean squat.

They can easy return it to you and sell those cars to whomever they like (ie someone paying more).

And if you are placing a deposit on an unspecified car for an unspecified price, well ..........

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just remember your deposit doesn't mean squat.

They can easy return it to you and sell those cars to whomever they like (ie someone paying more).

And if you are placing a deposit on an unspecified car for an unspecified price, well ..........

Thanks brabs, so you reckon to just sit tight until the spec is released, I want a 17 redline and don't wanna miss out, the mongrels can smell blood haha

Brabham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nitrate VF2 SSVR
Depends which My17 you want. If it is just the standard redline I'm sure you will get your hands on one. You wont be getting the big discounts people have negotiated the last couple of months, but you will get one.

However, the special edition (whatever it ends up being called) may be different. And if you can get one, it wont be cheap.

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Depends which My17 you want. If it is just the standard redline I'm sure you will get your hands on one. You wont be getting the big discounts people have negotiated the last couple of months, but you will get one.

However, the special edition (whatever it ends up being called) may be different. And if you can get one, it wont be cheap.

Either a custom redline (black roof, spoiler, w375 etc) or a special ed depending on the price, one dealer said I can put a deposit on a 17 redline or special edition, subject to finance, spec, price, Which will make sure I can get a special ed if I want one, I just wanna see the spec on the special ed first before I pull the trigger, if it's gonna be 65-70k I couldn't really justify it

Maloo37

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais, VF2 SSVR UTE
I would be very surprised if the limited edition aren't somewhere north of 65k remember RRP is just a recommendation the dealers will be pricing them as high a price they can get just look at what ford dealers did with the sprint!
And there will be peeps out there that will pay what ever just to grab a limited edition.

Marco_VESS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF2 Redline M6
I'll put a deposit down the day I place an order, and not before.

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
I don't think you can place a deposit without the order.
You can, but they're not official. you're really just telling your dealer that you are ready to buy the minute they become available

Strueth

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Monaro
Fair enough. I don't know what the 'they're available' would be specified on the order though as they aren't announced. May as well write a post it note and stick it on his arse, most won't know it from their elbow though so better put one up there also; just to be safe.