Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Detailing Tips & Tricks....

RobboVl

VL REPPIN'
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL commodore
Hey man.
I have a blue 1986 VL executive,
And some of the paints clear coat on the back has pealed off/Disappeard.
And all the blue paint under it has faided ALOT.
Its only about 25cm by 5cm big, But i was just wondering if theres a way to make it look nice? Besides spending the big $$$.
cheers!

toey@carfx

Detailing Junkie
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
2007 wm caprice
i have rough paint work on one side of my car ( from being in a workshop grinding around the car and tiny bits of metal stick in the paint and rust ) ive tryed polishing and waxing it and even useing clay with a special spray and its not really getting better, is there anything i can buy made for that ? and my head liner needs cleaning how do i go about that ?

I no its been a while since you have posted up your probs, but how did you go with it?

if the metal is still embedded into the paint there is a new product availible threw waxit.com.au called iron-x which should fix up the problem for you. be warned that it has a horrible smell to its but works well at disolving metal deposits and is safe for your paint. also works well on baked on brake dust.

as for the head liner any fabric cleaner should do the trick there

toey@carfx

Detailing Junkie
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
2007 wm caprice
Hey man.
I have a blue 1986 VL executive,
And some of the paints clear coat on the back has pealed off/Disappeard.
And all the blue paint under it has faided ALOT.
Its only about 25cm by 5cm big, But i was just wondering if theres a way to make it look nice? Besides spending the big $$$.
cheers!

sorry dude its stuffed and needs to be resprayed. the clear coat is what gives it the gloss, without it the paint will be flat. try wetting the paint where its effected along with a good section and see if it looks the same colour when wet. if its still the same you may be able to just get that panel re-cleared.

bwenny 23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s2 exec 6cyl@ 01 vu 6 cyl ute
lol^ g'day m8 i just brought a vy in a metallic stormy grey couler (mad as) but its got lots of faint scratches wats the best way to get rid of em ,cos i know ya cant use cut n polish so should i use wax or is that more for protection n shine.. cheers

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
lol^ g'day m8 i just brought a vy in a metallic stormy grey couler (mad as) but its got lots of faint scratches wats the best way to get rid of em ,cos i know ya cant use cut n polish so should i use wax or is that more for protection n shine.. cheers

Of course you can use a cutting compound and it is the only way you will get rid of fine scratches. And yes waxes are for protection although some contain fillers which do hide imperfections. (Such as Meguiars.) No point cutting by hand though as you'll need to cut by machine to get a good finish.

slowandlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
does anyone know if you can polish scratches out of side car windows. i have very fine scratches on the exterior of the windows from winding up and down.
im not really sure if it can be done.
thanks

slowandlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
i know a heap of people wanted to commit suicide if someone asked how to polish a car again, sorry about this. :p

slowandlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
The more i think about it the more i think its a stupid qeustion.

Is there any other way of fixing besides replacing the windows maybee at all?

The Hornet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus XR5 Turbo
The more i think about it the more i think its a stupid qeustion.

Is there any other way of fixing besides replacing the windows maybee at all?

I know you can get glass polish, maybe buy some of that and give it a go?

I've used the Autoglym one and its fantastic, however i used it to clean and get rid of the grease from peoples fingers etc that made it onto my windows.

lildavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vg ute
iv got a vt berlina wagon the paint work is pretty dull looking it is a metallic with a purple in it does have paint missing in some spots.

what is a good polish for this? want to try bring back it's shine been sitting around before i brought it