Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Di Filippo Recommendations

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
For an SS cat back system fitted it's $150 from several shops in dandenong - Victoria.
Don't know exact price for a hsv system but I know you can buy full systems (inc headers) on eBay/gumtree for max $400 then sell the headers for $200-250, and keep the rest. So easy.

I've bought one on ebay for $80, heaps around when guys fit aftermarket systems.

I sold some dual mufflesr for $100 to a sv6 guy

iQuiet

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Z Series
Hey lads! I got the di Filippo exhaust installed and it sounds so ####ing amazing! It's way way better then a stock 8,(ss/ssv) and sounds amazing, of course the high revs aren't there, because less cylinder generally means lower RPM! Drones a little cruising on a auto sv6 @ 80kmph mark, but it really isn't an issue at all. Great ####ing exhaust, maybe the price was a little expensive but I can always move it onto an 8cyl when I'm off my P's thanks guys!

If anyone wants I can make a sound clip, but I dunno how that will turn out! All I know is, it sounds really good

Ron91

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Wagon
Ask for opinions.
Opinions given.
Ignore opinions.
Good luck next time when you ask questions.

But video anyway please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
My opinion is that if you had the exhaust installed at difilippo's they should have made a custom system being twin 2.25 but sounds like you had your mind made up well before you posted and probably well before you called them.

You'll be losing exhaust velocity as the engine can't produce enough gas to fill the exhaust pipe as it will be too wide, narrower pipes will speed up the flow so the faster an exhaust pulse moves, the better it can scavenge out all of the spent gasses during valve overlap. The general idea is a fast moving pulse creates a low pressure area behind it. This low pressure area acts as a vacuum and draws along the air behind it.

So i would think why you have drone is that your exhaust pulses are so far apart that they get ruffled when they hit the rear mufflers, creating the drone noise, which you may in the end, just want to remove the system and find a better option or put the exhaust on a model that can benefit from such as system

My 2c anywayz...

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
My opinion is that if you had the exhaust installed at difilippo's they should have made a custom system being twin 2.25 but sounds like you had your mind made up well before you posted and probably well before you called them.

You'll be losing exhaust velocity as the engine can't produce enough gas to fill the exhaust pipe as it will be too wide, narrower pipes will speed up the flow so the faster an exhaust pulse moves, the better it can scavenge out all of the spent gasses during valve overlap. The general idea is a fast moving pulse creates a low pressure area behind it. This low pressure area acts as a vacuum and draws along the air behind it.

So i would think why you have drone is that your exhaust pulses are so far apart that they get ruffled when they hit the rear mufflers, creating the drone noise, which you may in the end, just want to remove the system and find a better option or put the exhaust on a model that can benefit from such as system

My 2c anywayz...

That and you could of bought allot of hookers for $1800 and had money left over for a sports exhaust.

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
Well - $1800.00 is a lot of cash to spend to do little more than just to make your car noisy - and to make it drone.

Market Value added = Zero. Total loss = $1800.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
I paid roughly that maybe a tad more, but it was for the kpm 3" on my ss, if u like it mate that's all that matters at the end of the day, should put a vid up

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Well - $1800.00 is a lot of cash to spend to do little more than just to make your car noisy - and to make it drone.

Market Value added = Zero. Total loss = $1800.

Well if he gets a VE V8 later he has a top quality exhaust to swap.......

Interested to hear the sound, the 3" diffilippo I had on my cammed ls1 was the best exhaust sound I've had out off a ls v8 yet.