Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Did i Get ripped?

M

MavVP

G'day Guys

Been a while since i've been on this site, no car problems (not important)
But i recently got my radiator replaced, long story, basically i was losing coolant left right and upwards. I got a new one fitted and got a bill for $375.00 is this about right, cos i've seen brand new ones on ebay for about 150.00, obviosly there the labour to install it but i would, have thought it would be that much. Any thoughts?

Cheers :D

R

rattattack1313

can't find the reciept right now, but it was $270 for a repair, $350 for a replacement, for my Vee Pees radiator a few months ago.....I went all the way.....stuff a repair , when a replacement one is only a few $$ more.. ;)

Harts_94VR

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR II
Mine was even more...

I had mine done a year ago, total cost of $450, from memory, although that did include new hoses for the top and bottom, as well as a brand spankin new radiator.
I did think at the time, sh%# that's a lot, but at the end of the day, the car is 10 years old, the radiator was a mess, the hoses were original and probably needed replacing anyway, and it all came with a warranty. I could have also gone the patch-up repair route, but it's all brand new now and I've had no problems with it ever since it was fixed. Peace of mind for a few dollars more... I think that's worth it. ;)

VNPOWER

Reaction score
Members Ride
My00 Wrx 240kwatw
the radiator is so easy to take out on Vns... I got mine from ebay for like 160 bucks and i changed it myself. So u did prolly get ripped coz it only takes 10min to change over and that includes flushing out the system.

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
My radiator cost me about that. But they took the tanks off my original and swapped over. It was only the core they replaced. But they flushed, which starts of at $110 plus $50 for after flush which mine took about two goes apparently. But my plastic resoirvor needed replacing. Plus the labour. So it sounded about right.

Cheers,
Jim :cool:

M

MavVP

Thanks for the replys

Not feeling so ripped off now, i was gonna do it myself but i just didnt have the time and the engines aver temp was up around 3/4 so i thought yer just get it done

Cheers again