Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Did i make a good decision buying 2014 vf calais V V8??

Evlr3x

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf calais v8
Just want to know of peoples opinions and experience of owning holden vf calais V v8..im looking forward to picking it up..
Thanks

Last edited:

Phawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF11 SSV Redline
I think your the only one who can answer that, if your happy with your purchase then yes.

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Yes. Yes you did...

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
We love ours as a family car, particularly being a wagon. Naturally I'm biased towards series II mainly because of the LS3, but nothing wrong with series I either. Personally, the deciding factor for me was the few extra creature comforts and more supple ride compared to the SS variants. Horses for courses :)

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
it should only matter too you, don't forget pics in my ride!!, should be a very good ride!!

Mavericks Choice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV M6, VF2 LS3 Calais V, VZ 6L M6 Crewie
Enjoy it mate

NN334

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V 6.0lt
I purchased VF1 Calais V wagon 12 months ago and love it.

Decided against the SSV Redline for many reasons. Far more creature comforts and passenger seat options, lower profille tyres and stiffer suspension too harsh for everyday driving and most of minw will be highway cruises where the stiffer rates dont really matter, to keep the vandals and thieves looking elsewhere as SS attracts them.

And i really enjoy having a true sleeper that can hose most fancy wankers.

Have not regretted it one bit.

P.S. fit an OTR, tune and rear mufflers to get the V8 rumble back as standard is just too quiet.

Enjoy

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
I have a 2015 Calais V 6.0 v8 and love it.

I have lowered it, headers and exhaust, tuned and better breaks and it is now classy, angry and mean.

Love it!

Evlr3x

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf calais v8
thanks for all the replies guy's..To be honest I've never been a Holden man but was really impressed with the VF model when it first made waves in the headlines. So after making the decision to test drive one, the Calais felt very strong under the hood and very comfort rich. This will be my daily driver as I have a weapon for fun locked up in the garage. Knowing myself I was thinking to keep it standard but I don't know how long that will last. I've already been reading in these forums for a few cosmetic mod's like otr, tune, catback(only), lower it, rear boot black lip and maybe some new wheels and front Brembo's..Very happy with my decision to give The Calais a go.. RWC is on Friday and sending redbook for pre inspection Thursday so looking good. Looking forward to driving it around..:):)

Phawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF11 SSV Redline
Whats the weapon??????????? ;):):)