Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Diff Gears

skobs

3.8L
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec 1992

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
yep, basically the same right from VL to VS and VT i think, somewhere alonghte line they went to a slightly larger crown wheel and pinion
i paid $150 for mine

jNINE

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
I have a 'couple'
I picked up a whole diff from a wrecker with 3.45 gears for around $100-150 from memory. While used (obviously) they were in very good condition and not whiny at all. Every six cylinder VL has 3.45 gears so they are extremely common, whereas V8's had 3.08 Ratio, the same as all VR's (and some VP's?? I'm not 100% on that one as I've never owned one)

As for fitting, you are probably looking at around $200-$250 upwards depending on who you speak to.

Cammed 6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn ss, 5L vn calais
Yeah just to clarify on that i can swap the ring and pinion out of a vl diff into my vn diff? Ive got a vn v8 calais with 3.08 lsd diff and i just picked up a 6 cylinder vl diff with 3.45 ratio gears am i able to swap over the ring and pinion and be good to go?

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Yeah just to clarify on that i can swap the ring and pinion out of a vl diff into my vn diff? Ive got a vn v8 calais with 3.08 lsd diff and i just picked up a 6 cylinder vl diff with 3.45 ratio gears am i able to swap over the ring and pinion and be good to go?
Yes