Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Difference between a Vx ss and Vx Clubby

davleigh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx SS Commodore
well atm my car is quicker and more kw then a stock clubby.. so i am pretty happy with that.
paid 9k for the car and then 1400 for the mafless tune, not bad for what some ppl are still paying about 20k for (pending on the model)
i think the only model stock that would still give me a go is the hsv 307kw and upwards models ( so only the ve variants 2006 onwards)

davleigh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx SS Commodore
although if i could, i would take a set of big brakes off of the Hsv. nice red ones. Love the look of those big brakes systems

rbk_212

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS M6
although if i could, i would take a set of big brakes off of the Hsv. nice red ones. Love the look of those big brakes systems

yeah but you had to get an R8 to get the brakes anyway. Its not even like you buy any HSV and your guaranteed big brakes.

davleigh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx SS Commodore
Yeah that's exactly right.
Sure they look nice. And they are a limited thing, power wise and bang for buck, id use the money for a clubby to buy a ss and use the rest to do upgrades

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport M6, Subaru Brumby-daily, TM Magna
well atm my car is quicker and more kw then a stock clubby.. so i am pretty happy with that.
paid 9k for the car and then 1400 for the mafless tune, not bad for what some ppl are still paying about 20k for (pending on the model)
i think the only model stock that would still give me a go is the hsv 307kw and upwards models ( so only the ve variants 2006 onwards)
haha you think only a stock ve clubby would give you a go? i dont know how your car has only a mafless tune and exhaust and you say you can beat most other cars out there that are standard, the vz ss's and even the stock vy ss's are still bloody quick cars. i have been in a vx ss with mafless and exhaust vs mine when it was stock and mine beat it by 7-8 car lengths! clubsports also have a lower diff ratio, i think its 3.73. put up your dyno chart instead of trying to take 30% from drivetrain for flywheel kw's. what did you actually make at the wheels?

davleigh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx SS Commodore
Well i have raced a few and my car has no trouble keeping ahead of them, now if im beating them, im assuming they are stock. Cos worked ones would leave me looking at their tail lights.

Also never said they were slow. I am quite aware of how quick they are..

Will post the dyno tune up when i get home. It dyno'd at 230.2 to the rears.

What power is your clubby putting out at the rears with the mods you have done so far? Btw sweet ride.

SlvrR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Clubsport R8
buy my cam n stuff n u Will woop new hsvs all day long:) then i can buy muddies for my truck Haha:)

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport M6, Subaru Brumby-daily, TM Magna
Well i have raced a few and my car has no trouble keeping ahead of them, now if im beating them, im assuming they are stock. Cos worked ones would leave me looking at their tail lights.

Also never said they were slow. I am quite aware of how quick they are..

Will post the dyno tune up when i get home. It dyno'd at 230.2 to the rears.

What power is your clubby putting out at the rears with the mods you have done so far? Btw sweet ride.
260kw at the wheels, I haven't been on here for ages do haven't updated my ride section.
I was hoping for about 270 but it's only a mild cam so can't expect too much. Still drives like stock which is why I only went for smaller cam.

SlvrR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Clubsport R8
u talking to me lol?
i traded the clubby in last week for a 08 patrol. was a hard decision but im not looking back. it had 253rwkw with only exhaust intake mafless. i got a cam from the states to put in but traded it 4 days before it was booked in to be installed .

davleigh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx SS Commodore
Jonno, what kw is your car putting out at the rears?