Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Differences between series 1 and series 2 cluster for the VE

Bluesky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 60TH ANNIVERSARY
Just noticed yesterday there's no sound from the indicators in my VE (not that i can hear them through my bass boosted music lol), did the test through the engineering menu and there appears to be no sound from the cluster so I'm pretty the speaker is gone

I've seen conflicting reports about the comparability of clusters.

Mines an 08 (white back), if I purchase a used VE S2 SV6 cluster (black back) and have it programmed by lsextreme/envyouscustoms to my cars vin will it work?

Note- I just got a flip key for the car last week and now the indicators aren't making any sound lol
Screenshot_20240308_144237_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240308_144237_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240308_144237_Gallery.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 22

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec
Yes any VE
Just noticed yesterday there's no sound from the indicators in my VE (not that i can hear them through my bass boosted music lol), did the test through the engineering menu and there appears to be no sound from the cluster so I'm pretty the speaker is gone

I've seen conflicting reports about the comparability of clusters.

Mines an 08 (white back), if I purchase a used VE S2 SV6 cluster (black back) and have it programmed by lsextreme/envyouscustoms to my cars vin will it work?

Note- I just got a flip key for the car last week and now the indicators aren't making any sound lol View attachment 265104
Yes any VE cluster can be programmed to work in any VE
I have put heaps of series 2 into series 1 and vice versa.
Doing another one next week for a guy who got one from some special 2006 model and putting it in his 2011.
It's easy with the right tools and can even set the km's to match your existing cluster as well.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Our VE Calais used series 1 cluster with series 2 headunit and sat nav. Some prompts were a bit wing ding like but the overall messages made sense.

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
Our VE Calais used series 1 cluster with series 2 headunit and sat nav. Some prompts were a bit wing ding like but the overall messages made sense.
I think the series 2 fonts and animation are a little better than the series 1

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
Yes any VE

Yes any VE cluster can be programmed to work in any VE
I have put heaps of series 2 into series 1 and vice versa.
Doing another one next week for a guy who got one from some special 2006 model and putting it in his 2011.
It's easy with the right tools and can even set the km's to match your existing cluster as well.
Do i have to park the car until i get the new programmed one or can keep drive it and not worry about the klms.

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
Do i have to park the car until i get the new programmed one or can keep drive it and not worry about the klms.
What's a few hundred km's going to really matter in the long run?
If you were wanting to put in false information like take 50,000kms off then no one legit would do it as the fines are huge.

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
What's a few hundred km's going to really matter in the long run?
If you were wanting to put in false information like take 50,000kms off then no one legit would do it as the fines are
Are you trying to be funny or did you born that way?

Who's talking about altering the k's?

Only reason I asked ( I'm so farking sorry now) because I wasn't sure to keep the same k"s on the dash or not...

Simple answer would be; Yes or No...

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
Are you trying to be funny or did you born that way?

Who's talking about altering the k's?

Only reason I asked ( I'm so farking sorry now) because I wasn't sure to keep the same k"s on the dash or not...

Simple answer would be; Yes or No...
Really! You should re-read what I wrote and drop the attitude I was pointing out information for anyone else who reads the thread not questioning you in anyway, shape or form.
So NO you don't have to park the car while waiting for the new cluster to show up.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Agreed. A few hundred k’s isn’t an issue. Having huge k’s different is.