Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DIY install VE SSV lowering kit

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
sorry to dig up an old thread but just wanting to know if the rears have a top nut like the fronts? or how excalty they come out, there is 4 bolts that sit on the chassis, and once u pull it all out, is it a top nut or?

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
Anyone know the answer? And also would a decent socket set and spanners be suitable for the job?

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
Looks like I'll have to pull if apart n see

Azzabrute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ssv ute
I have just been given sv6 lowered springs off a mates car.. I have a ssv and does anyone know if the springs will be ok to put in??? I know the height will be fine and the springs in front will be lower due to heavier motor but what about handling side of things?? If any one could please tell me if it would be ok or not to do that would be appreciated!! Cheers aaron

wingwang99

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Voodoo Sv6
Ok so I did this 2 weeks ago, king springs and ultima shocks. Ive noticed its making a knocking noise every time I hit a small bump, I can only assume its metal on metal somewhere that there maybe should be rubber between? And before you ask, yes I put the rubber bit between top of the spring and shock. Has anybody else experiencex this diy or professionally fitted? If so what was the solution? Id like to know what I have to do before taking it apart again...

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Attempting this over the weekend, anyone know where I could get a spring compressor from on a saturday? Or possibly lend me one?? :p

Cheers!!

Hallzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2 SSV Redline Sportwagon
Hey Kuzman, Supercheap have Stanley compressors for about $55. I bought some there only a month ago. Where are you located?

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Berwick, yeah I saw those, would rather rent them as its going to be a one time use kind of thing.

cameron123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Omega
Hi guys,

I bought one of the monroe GT/king spring packages of ebay for my VE II omega.

When i was puting the new shortened GT struts in the front of the car, the control/sway bar arm that connects the strut to the sway bar was too short to connect to its original position. I guessed this was because the monroe GT strut was shorter than the standard holden strut.

i ended up putting in the super low springs with the original stuts until i can work out how to fix the issue!

Has anyone else had this problem? Can you buy longer control arms to fix the problem or have i just tried to install it incorrectly???

Thanks for your help!

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Shouldn't have anything to do with the control arms!! Probably just have to apply some downwards pressure to the arm, get someone to stand on it or something? Bigjim and I had the same problem whilst doing my rear shocks+springs, had to apply shitloads of down force.