Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DIY Prepping and Painting your own car!

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
Just one question

where did yo get the paint from?

That just looks amazing

Well Done

50LTRv8

wilso

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VN Executive Wagon

shanhsv

Luvo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais, VSII Senator 215i, VZ X8, WL Caprice
hey guys,i have a VS senator rear wing and rear bar thats still in their old car's colour.How do i remove the old paint so i can respray them to the colour i need

taskmaster

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT series 2
rubbish they charge anywhere from 800-1500 just 2 clear coat ur car costs 2 much

depends on where it is and what paint their using now shhh

[qoute] how do i remove the old paint so i can respray them to the colour i need [end qoue]

there are seveal ways, u can sand it back using a sander lighly or by hand with a sanding block, you can use chemical paint striiper [ i hate this stuff and never recommand anyone use it]

personally i prefer to do items as these with a sanding block and light grit wet / dry sandpaper

taskmaster

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT series 2
nice post, ive been prepping my car for painting over the last few months, we have been using two pack high fill on my car so its water tight and can kind of stay on the road, its nearly done.

also note when using 2pak paints or products one very importantthing USE FULL SKIN, EYE AND BREATHING PROTECTION

2pak is lethal when used without proper protection

trav_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss and vs statesman
i would suggest not to use paint stripper or any thing like that on plastic or fibre glass strictly metal only

ronotron

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs s ute series 2
I know this is an old thread, but it is one of the worst "how to paints" i have ever read.

There is no way your undercoat should be "a few mm thick"!!! Paint is measured in microns (thousandths of mm) not mm's.

And paint should never be colour sanded only a few hours after painting, it needs to be left for day not hours...

I could go on but i think you see my point.... PLease do proper research before you paint your car yourself, or decide to write a how to article on the forum...

vnsmanual

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S Manual
hey im looking at respraying my roof with acrylic as well as some bodyit peices. Could someone do a beter right up? ronotron?

also whats this flex compund i need to get? cause i need to paint vn ss kit i have.