Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dizzy cap wont stay on!!!!! help plz

nuffsaid

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5l ute
i got a 1996 vs 5l ute
dizzy cap came off while trying to change leads and i only got one clip on, i know there is another one put cant see or feel it, any ideas on how i can go about it??
cheers brayden

fdbag8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS Thunder
Definantly should b another clip, could hav come off n fell down back of engine!

nuffsaid

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5l ute
hope not haha ###cing pissing me off coz it aint running smooth like she used to ai, like its missing D:

Alloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
LS1 VT SS
Got the firing order right ? 1-2-7-8-4-5-6-3

95293d1276846770-304-wont-start-after-doing-dizzy-cap-leads-plugs-button-v8-distributor-leads.jpg

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
If the cap aint on tight that will be ya miss find the clip its probley sitting at the bottom of the dizzy or on the gearbox or the ground and clip it back on fair chance that will be your miss.

Jaymz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 1996, VS SS 1996
hope not haha ###cing pissing me off coz it aint running smooth like she used to ai, like its missing D:

tumblr_m27ka7tTKp1qk8qcu.jpg

Back on topic, you will find the clips are located directly oposite each other. So if you can feel/see one, look on the opposite site and it should be there.

As someone else said it may have dropped off, so it may help to take the cap right off and have a good look with a torch and get a good understanding of where it all is.

Good luck, and if you need picks i can take some when i get home.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
They can fall off the little pin, so it is probably at the base of the distributor or on the bell housing.

VS-THE-BEST

Reaction score
Members Ride
97VS HSV CLUBSPORT
Yeh you need to find the 2nd clip asap, i would not drive it till you do, if the Dizzy cap becomes out of wack the Rotor button will collide with the cap and smash off.