Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do I have a camber kit?

Chuff

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
Could someone please tell me how I can tell whether or not the IRS on my VP has had a camber kit fitted?

Where exactly would I look for it?

What does it look like?

Anyone got a photo maybe?

Thanks.

CATCH! :D

Chuff

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
Chuff said:
Could someone please tell me how I can tell whether or not the IRS on my VP has had a camber kit fitted?

Where exactly would I look for it?

What does it look like?

Anyone got a photo maybe?

Thanks.

Anyone?

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
drive ir down to pedders they will tell you!

P

pathfinderus maximus

well without seeing your car
afaik
if you have irs and is lowered - if the wheels are like l l then a camber has been corrected, likely a kit has been installed. if the wheels are like / \ then camber hasnt been corrected, no kit

MoSkA

Steriotypical Wog
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Subaru WRX
I was under the impression that a camber kit made wheels more / \ than | |?

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
I wouldn't have the wheels / \ as I had a mate with a car like that, and he kept wearing the inside tread of his new tyres down the steel belts within six months. So he got the camper bushes replaced which solved the problem then this made the wheels | |.
If you are going to be racing your car only then you make your camber / \ , and be prepared to replace your tyres freqently. This is for the back end of the car I don't what the camber would do to the tyres on the front.

Cheers,
Jim :cool:

M

movn

increased NEGATIVE camber front or back will increase wear on inside edges but will increase handling %100... 2 see if you have a camber kit fitted slide under the bak of ya car if dumped jak it up etc, each side will have a lower control arm/trailing arm what ever you wana call em, that lower arm will have a 2 bushes 1 front 1 rear, 1 of those bushes on each side are replaced with adjustable bushed(if kit fitted), which will have a circular plate at either end of the bush wich has a series of notches taken out of it so it can be turned around..... just look and see if the front n bak bushes r the same pretty much