Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do you race a car

VNracer34G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Production Saloon, 07Omega ex Cop car, 03 TF V6
Production Saloon - Speedway

I scored a VN roadcar last year and stripped it out and built a cage etc. Did this season with the original s1 V6/auto, 3.08:1 diff welded spiders and deleted the kickdown cable (didn't want it chopping down midturn whilst feeding the throttle), just slap it into 2nd stab & steer. Spent the season sorting out handling and stagger and had a ball. Its a hell of a battle with the fwd pullers in there V-tecs tearing up the track, being limited to 205 max width tyres doesn't exactly help either.

Got a manual s1 motor/box to chuck in for next season which will probably mean a diff ratio/tyre height change. Will port heads/manifold and try it out and work out the tuneup in a VP i picked up minus motor/box, front seats and bonnet, still got the seats from the roadcar that is now the racer and my bonnet was deemed illegal.......scrutineer told me i cut out the framework for lightening.........was for panelbeating purposes honest mr. :whistling

dan05k

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS s2
i race at hillclimbs and sprints atm, i drive a toyota ae86 sprinter which is for sale, and im going into speedway in GP midgets

toolman7

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn V6 & v6 nos sprint
race NOS SPRINTS which is a sprintcar minus wings and runs a standard early series 2 commodore engine with a few mods so as to run methanol...becoming a bigger class everyday and put on some good racing..

Attachments

• pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_2000.JPG
    IMG_2000.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 201