Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do you race a car

newtownbob

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh wagon/efi 202 off road car
My mate rallyies a VY ss ute and offroads a VB sedan (sealake etc) I service and look after both and I am presently building my own VC.

Dasher

Reaction score
Maybe this might interest some of you. V8Central Forums - Commodore Cup

ccupposter_001.thumb.jpg

Last edited:

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
We've started racing dirt circuit now. Bought a car which was already to go. Haven't changed much yet except some of the paintwork, put new gauges in, bigger seat, lowered the bum a bit, chucked cop rims on.

Had our first race meeting last Saturday. Turns out the restricted class we were going to go in (street stock) doesn't get used at our local track, so ended up going into c grade modifieds. My little bro is racing it, and Saturday was the first ever time he hit the track. Didn't keep record of his races, but I think he got 1 last, 2 5ths and a 4th. And we also got the award for best presented car of the day. It already had a few dents in it, but now it's got a few more....nothing extreme tho lol.

DSCF4120640x480.jpg

DSCF4125640x480.jpg

Removed all the stickers......and some paint!! :(
DSCF4139640x480.jpg

Brad's first drive.....was on a mate's block of land. Ran hot as f**k!
kb_dirtcar_flats_02.jpg

Removed the thermo, added a shroud and overflow bottle.....it fixed the overheating problem....runs cool as now!
DSCF4051640x480.jpg

I painted up the scoop.....turned out blood nice as! Only rubbed it back with 360 tho before I polished it.....it's only a dirt car so altho there's still scratches in the paint from the paper, it's still shiny which is all that matters lol.
DSCF4127640x480-1.jpg

DSCF4136640x480.jpg

DSCF4153640x480.jpg

cPtPire056640x480.jpg

cPtPire070640x480.jpg

Obviously hangin the bum out like this isn't to good for this sort of racing......but it's his first race meeting so he's still learning the ropes. :p
cPtPire065640x480.jpg

And again...
DSC00162640x480.jpg

For the next meeting hopefully we'll have some better tyres organised, and also gonna chuck a length of train line in the boot to weigh it down. The back end is so light that the car pretty much has no traction at all throughout most of the track. When the track was wet down, it stuffed everyone up, especially Brad coz of the light back end....couldn't even give it full stick even on the straights coz it would just start kicking out.

But it's all learning and we learnt a lot from our first race meeting. My other brother just bought a HQ and he should be racing at the next race meet as well.....which is on the 5th of April. Some of u Adelaide people should come down for the day and have a suss....it's a lot of fun and we have a fair few Adelaide members.

vr_owner

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 3.8lt executive
my mates doing the excel rally series, car has to be pretty much stock, but u can upgrade brake pads thats about it, and u can have roll cage and seats. he starts this october... i think.

listy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Commodore
My family own a few cars, we're all hooked to drag racing, im just about getting my p's. I was racing a junior dragster which was running 8.60's to the 1/8th mile at 125ks so does my sis, and dad was racing a lx torana in super street running 11.30s, just recently bout some cars from the states, two chevy novas, still testing, one of them ran 9.91 at 137 mph at 3600 pounds on the weekend hoping for a few more tenths due to traction issues

muggo05

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VT GTS
i have only just recently been able to afford to start karting so I am racing a 100cc clubman go kart. does this count? am looking to move up as far as i can go in motorsport but you have to start somewhere!!

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
how much does it cost to build and run or buy and run a car in commodore cup? and what models are they using upto?
and how much to build and run a car for improved production?

would love to race one of the oz cars, there crazy little cars, 3-4 wide into the corners :D

bpottz

Whipped By SAPOL
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
im selling my old karting stuff to get into track days and **** with a commo.. anyone interested in getting into karting can send me a pm. full race ready package.

kart_racer

Races karts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim 5M
Another karter here. For those that aren't aware of sprint karting, it's fiercely competitive!

Race a 125cc Rotax in NSW. Have raced sprint & superkarting with some success, especially in superkarts.

As a comparison for those that have done trackdays at Wakefield or Oran Park times are: 1:06 at Wakefield, 1:18 at Oran Park, so just a tad quicker than a modified HSV/WRX/Evo.

HDT_racer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Supercharged
Used to circuit race a VH commodore, 430hp 308, Tex Racing dog box etc but sold it just recently to fund some other stuff, house, wedding.... Will look at doing another one soon.

Attachments

• 2004_0101Image0023.JPG
    2004_0101Image0023.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 442