Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Do You Think Cyclists Belong On The Road?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beav

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 vr commodore
OP was in a loaded truck, takes a while for a truck to over take and even if it is a bike. As he said tried his best to avoid hitting the bike rider.
It does frustrate me, when I have to brake from 60 to below 20, when the rider is in the middle of the road, and cannot overtake cause its illegal.

aussieakito

Holden Dealer Master Tech
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo
Being on the foot path will cause more issues as pedestrians walking dogs will have no room and cars backing out will most likely hit a few.
I think the government needs to use some tax payer money in the right way for once and create more bike lanes.

Im not against them so much but the roads cant cope with them.
Its just to dangerous.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I was in a situation a few days back.. I had to merge to my left to take a different road, bike was on the left and a car almost pulled out in front of the rider. So my merging and the car sticking out and the bike rider almost got into a large tangle. Gave it a little kick and avoided the bike sandwich. Or hit the arse of the car that pulled up in the lane i was in.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
Being on the foot path will cause more issues as pedestrians walking dogs will have no room and cars backing out will most likely hit a few.
I think the government needs to use some tax payer money in the right way for once and create more bike lanes.

Im not against them so much but the roads cant cope with them.
Its just to dangerous.

So do what they did in the Sydney CBD

Cut many car lanes out so they can be a bike lane instead to make it a nightmare for drivers. Yes that goes down really well.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
why not? everyone here is a road user and has an opinion on the matter.

also im not biased, i ride my push bike in the summer time to the gym

it was more a tongue in cheek comment,
and it has shown alot of people on here either have no idea about rulings/laws or do not want to show common courtesy to others.

its another topic that is done to death, and nothing gets done about it.
and nothing will get done about it until someone important gets killed while riding a bike.

all it takes is everyone giving each other a slight bit of respect/room and having a brain.
which as society too many people cannot fathom or grasp a simple complex that works elsewhere in the world.
Todays world is too Self Centred, and until that is changed (which it wont) a solution can never arise

simple solution seeing you want discussion.
make the roads a good 1-2m wider on the Lefthand side.
however due to how suburbia has been built and not building for the future alot of inner areas, this cannot happen.
however alot of roads can still have this occur.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
well seeing how you have quoted obscure road laws such as traveling under the speed limit and holding up traffic,
you would also be well aware about the laws regarding the correct use of a warning device, such as a horn. which you are using illegally.

EDIT; what the hell CHECK AND MATE! thanks for playing.
If someone is trying to merge into my car, i consider using my 'warning' device quite legal. So does the law ;)

Once again, a good try, but not quite on the money.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I was in a situation a few days back.. I had to merge to my left to take a different road, bike was on the left and a car almost pulled out in front of the rider. So my merging and the car sticking out and the bike rider almost got into a large tangle. Gave it a little kick and avoided the bike sandwich. Or hit the arse of the car that pulled up in the lane i was in.

If the rider is 'crossing' a lane to continue right in your scenario, he would have to giveway to you...

cracker

Reaction score
yes it does actually when a slow moving vehicle is driving slow it makes everyone else drive slow therefore builds up traffic.. I dont know how many times iv seen disrespectful cyclist even lean on peoples cars when sitting at lights or something.. They should not be riding in the middle of the road to start with.

because there is sooo much traffic in brisbane..

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
because there is sooo much traffic in brisbane..

Yes there is quite alot during peak hour actually… Maybe not as much as other places but still alot

Status
Not open for further replies.