Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Other] Does anyone know if vs ute bench seats will fit a vy ute?

spinking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Red Hot vy Storm S Uterus
Father of the year award eh haha sounds good wish tha Mrs seen it like that sometimes. I'm getting married buying a house all in the same year which is also my first year as an apprentice. So I not worried about how long this takes me. the car is in great condition so if I had to take it over the pits no real biggie.

If I trade it in tho i will more than likely end up with a fairly older car with fairly higher ks unless I buy a great wall of ship. I mainly take myself to work but use it for recreation every weekend I do realise it won't be super comfy nor do I mind ide rather uncomfortably take my girl and Mrs camping than leave my girl or my Mrs behind or have to take an extra car everywhere I go.

Anyway tho the question was more of a "how should I" than a "why should i" although I don't know much about getting things engineered Costs involved ect do I whack it in and take to an engineer or take to engineer first to see how he wants it done ect but keen to be enlightened so the question is there

and thanks everyone for your comments so far. My last car was a 1990 rodeo single cab bench seat manual on floor and wasn't too uncomfy at all imo How should I approach this.

Tweetbix

Reaction score
Members Ride
Evo VI
Be more cost effective and safer to get a crewman or some other dual cab.
if you are going to do the conversion yourself you will save a bit, but expect the engineers and transport to have a hard look at it as well as costing a pretty pennie just to get it through all that crap.
If you are going to get someone else to do it, well, its going to cost a bloody lot of money due to relocations and bench seat fitment.
Better with a crewman or dual cab for what you want.

Sent from my old brick phone

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Maybe go and talk to an engineer and see what you're up for with costs, mod plating etc. Then make a decision based on that.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

spinking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Spoke to an engineer he said would have to start by finding a seat that would fit good from another car would a vs seat be a close fitting seat not worried about the brackets just the seat itself or something like out of a ford au

spinking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just for the record I don't care if its uncomfortable il keep the drivers seat so il still be comfortable I just want the extra seat coz I use my ute for camping and taking the quad so duel cab won't have enough tray space but it would be good to take a mate an my daughter without needing to take an extra car all that way just for an extra person

If anyone knows if a vs seat or a falcon seat or anyother seat would fit not worried bout brackets lemme know!