Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Does this sound legit?

Timmos

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
10' VE SSV
I have my car posted on car sales and i receieved an odd text message tonight

The text message did not appear to come from a phone number? instead i have the name BruceMacar. When i hit call on the name it comes up with a number thats definantly not an australia number.. 2782362227.

So anyway, the message said "Gud evening.. i am interested in your item posted on carsales. How much is the last price u are willing to sell it& what is the present working condition. Contact me back on [email protected]" (i wont put his email up)

So i emailed him with my contact number and a price that i'd be willing to go down to. and i got this as a reply:

Great thanks to you for responding to my text sms.I am keen about this item and I am very busy here, we are working on the first stages of the Melbourne to Christchurch undersea tunnel and I might get dragged out in the submarine if i should try and make phone calls which led me to the act of sending you sms ...I am ready to further with this transaction by offering you AU$#### .I am getting this item for family usage and pick up would be arranged by me.I will not be able to come for inspection, all i need is your word that the item is as described online and if you are able to send one or two pictures, i will be very happy, sorry if i seem to be causing any inconveniences , I am not able to handle this myself, but i need to get the Item delivered to my partner asap.I have tried to check my online banking and i am getting problem with my online access as i have contacted the bank and they said it may take a long while to rectify it because of the unauthorized access.I need to let you know that I would change my mind on how to make payment and i am ready to proceed with the payment through PayPal... i want you to understand that Paypal is one of the secure ways to pay online without sharing your financial information with the recipent.Paypal is free when paying for domestic purchases.Paypal is most people favourite way to pay online,compared with other online payment systems and individual credit card brands. Be rest assured that everything is going to be okay because due to the present situation in online auto auctions,i decided to open a safe account with PayPal(Premier Business Account)Premier Business Account is quite different from the common PayPal account which is now rampant....Premier Business Account is 100% safe for making outgoing payments and well monitored and verified.

Their is always a charges of 2.4% of each transaction made through paypal and i am using this measure to let you know that i am ready to include the payment of 2.4% of our transaction with the price i offered you.

For those that are not farmilar with paypal at all,I hope with my little explanation ,you wont mind to get an account with PayPal. Its reliable,secure and easy to use ,all you need to do is to visit Welcome - PayPal and register with them.When you are done with the registration of first page,there is a place to link your bank account in which you can move your money directly to your bank account after payment is confirmed by paypal.

When this is done,you are to contact me with the email you use in registering with paypal ...The email stand as paypal account number and the email will be use in making payment .

You can send me the email you used to register so that i can proceed with the payment.

I wait in anticipating to read back from you

Best Regards

What do you guys think?

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
scam dont go ahead with it anymore than ya have. it will be a hacked paypal account ya will never see any money.

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
yeah it sounds automated mate...wouldnt touch it with a 10ft pole

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
LOL at Melbourne to Christchurch tunnel.

VLC86

..stay N/A..
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
stay away haha. I love how he advertises Paypal halfway through

Definately dont go ahead

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Just about anyone who advertises a car on car sales , cars guide ect, will get something along the lines of these emails.

Give me his details and i'll take some more time out of his busy submarine life.

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
ah yes that melbourne to christchurch undersea tunnel...... big project that.....

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Just about anyone who advertises a car on car sales , cars guide ect, will get something along the lines of these emails.

Give me his details and i'll take some more time out of his busy submarine life.

True, I got about 5 in a week when advertising on Cars Guide.

ah yes that melbourne to christchurch undersea tunnel...... big project that.....

Yeah but its a cool job since you get transported to work in a submarine, apparently.

M

mwb235

What do you guys think?

Definitely a scam. Even disregarding the ludicrous claim of a trans-Tasman tunnel, i'd ignore it on paypal alone as IMO paypal ain't as safe as they make it out to be.

LOL at Melbourne to Christchurch tunnel.

Yea they'll build a Bass Strait and Torres Strait crossing (not to mention crossings elsewhere in the world like Russia-Alaska, Japan-Korea, Djibouti-Yemen, and Spain-Morocco) long before Australia-NZ!

Exactly! An undersea tunnel that long and deep? Wow, what is that guy smoking?