Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

doing up a new ve whats peoples thoughts on my idea or have some more ideas/ tips

jm17sa

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden commodore 2011 ve sv6
i know i've read tones and tones of people asking about what exhaust to put on and what not im not asking cause i've got few ideas
just wanna know what people think if its good idea or im stupid or maybe some extra ideas to do.

list to do

~ new rims (undecided on type)
~ lowered
~ headers
~ high flow cats
~ cat back exhaust
~ quad tips off ss-v or gts
~ sunroof (misses request ) :)
~ projector headlights
~ led taillights
~ ss inductions growler kit
~ walkinshaw bonnet scoop (would like peoples imput i like the look but i dont know )
~ new tint
~ maybe some gauges for looks

not to sure about anythin performance wise im pretty happy with those mods to the engine
i dont want a v8 i had a vz sv6 loved it might sound like a pussy but i prefer the feel of a v6 to a v8 and didnt cost me as much

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
i know i've read tones and tones of people asking about what exhaust to put on and what not im not asking cause i've got few ideas
just wanna know what people think if its good idea or im stupid or maybe some extra ideas to do.

list to do

~ new rims (undecided on type) (good idea just look at heaps and choose what you want-20's but can be a be hard ride if not lowered correctly)
~ lowered (great look when lowered but do it right with springs and shocks-get the right package)
~ headers ( the next three wont get a lot of benefit powerwise but could give you the sound you want-lots of sound threads around)
~ high flow cats
~ cat back exhaust
~ quad tips off ss-v or gts
~ sunroof (misses request ) :)
~ projector headlights
~ led taillights
~ ss inductions growler kit (forget it too expensive for little return)
~ walkinshaw bonnet scoop (would like peoples imput i like the look but i dont know )
~ new tint
~ maybe some gauges for looks

not to sure about anythin performance wise im pretty happy with those mods to the engine
i dont want a v8 i had a vz sv6 loved it might sound like a pussy but i prefer the feel of a v6 to a v8 and didnt cost me as much

not bad ideas, you will make it your own, doesn't need to be an 8 to look good and have reasonable performance

Longman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0 Auto
To each their own mate, do what looks good to you and is within your budget. My calais is stock body, lowered with 19's and looks stunning in my opinion.

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Definitely have a look at brake upgrades.
I have to say one of the mods that I have done that I really wasn't expecting much improvement (But was pleasantly surprised when I did fit them up).
The reason why I say this, brakes are the one thing that you use ALL the time. (Unlike engine mods, which realistically you only get to use at freeway speeds, track days, or for very short spurts at traffic lights.

The combo that I have at the moment (4 pot brake callipers all round) has turned my original brakes from "adequate", to nice and twitchy, no fade, and very little effort to slow the car down at any speed.
Ive had the brakes now for 3 or 4 months, and I am still not used to braking in stop start traffic conditions. I always end up braking too early, but in a sense I am a hell of a lot more confident in driving the car now, as I know the brakes are not going to let me down.

Also, you will need new rims if you want to go down this path, so make sure your new rims will clear Brembo / AP Racing brakes before you fork out a wad of cash on them.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
The sunroof is probably the most expensive mod on your list and will probably still leak...

joely116

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv 2007
Get some nice wheels 19 or 18s with decent offset get it nice and low with nice stance, put full exhaust on it induction and it'll be sweet good clean cruiser

jm17sa

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden commodore 2011 ve sv6
yea was planing on doing the brakes but was unsure on type and what not have to get a hard look at it

VTSSLS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS LS1 A4 227rwkw
don't forget a bee-sting aerial, and IMO paint the calipers either silver or black. makes a big difference.

TraidMarc

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.traidmarc.com
Members Ride
VE Series II SS-V Redline Sportswagon A6 Phantom
Ive had the brakes now for 3 or 4 months, and I am still not used to braking in stop start traffic conditions. I always end up braking too early

How do you use the brakes?
How is driving in stop start traffic any different from your other brakes, are you driving in traffic like Foot to the Floor on the gas, lift off, foot to the floor on the brakes, lift off, repeat.
I think you need to learn how to use brakes, honestly braking too early?
Try not putting as much pressure on the pedal to get to the point you want.
You end up braking too early, You make it sound like you are doing laps at eastern creek not driving in traffic.

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6
To each their own mate, do what looks good to you and is within your budget. My calais is stock body, lowered with 19's and looks stunning in my opinion.

+1 for stock as a rock. Mine is still stock and I love it, although I do have many things on my list. Most of which are actually from ss-v haha. Going for an SV6-V sort of feel.

To the OP, have you considered a simple vinyl stripe down the side, to go with the contour of the car? Something so simple sets it apart from the masses of VEs running around. In my smallish town there is (at a guess) about a dozen other silver sv6/ss, so I'm thinking it would distinguish mine from the pack.