Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

doing up a new ve whats peoples thoughts on my idea or have some more ideas/ tips

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
How do you use the brakes?
How is driving in stop start traffic any different from your other brakes, are you driving in traffic like Foot to the Floor on the gas, lift off, foot to the floor on the brakes, lift off, repeat.
I think you need to learn how to use brakes, honestly braking too early?
Try not putting as much pressure on the pedal to get to the point you want.
You end up braking too early, You make it sound like you are doing laps at eastern creek not driving in traffic.

What I am talking about is bumper to bumper traffic.
With the bigger brakes there is a LOT less pedal effort involved to stop the car. (So much so that moving the brake pedal 1cm is enough to stop the car very quickly at 5 to 10Km).

I appreciate your "Driving" advice, but I had the original (adequate) brakes for 18 months, and then went for having 6 pistons applying brake pressure to 16 pistons applying brake pressure within two weeks.
On top of this, the brake lines were bled, and new pads and rotors were fitted to the rears.

I honestly do not know what your point is here ?
Are you just trying to $hit stir, or are you trying to give me or anyone else here helpful advice, because your smart @r$$ed comments are definitely no help to the person that started the thread,
and it sure as hell is no help to me !

jm17sa

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden commodore 2011 ve sv6
To the OP, have you considered a simple vinyl stripe down the side, to go with the contour of the car? Something so simple sets it apart from the masses of VEs running around. In my smallish town there is (at a guess) about a dozen other silver sv6/ss, so I'm thinking it would distinguish mine from the pack.

i was only thinking the racing stripes down the middle but wasnt thinking about sides or anything like that and it was last thing on the list as not sure were to find them besides going thru holdens