Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Doing Up A Vr Commodore

jace123

jckoolio
Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 94 VR Executive
simple way to make a VR sound gun and keep the price range down, 2.1/2" cat back remove the rear muffler off the cat back and put either just straight 2.1/2" or place a hot dog where the muffler, just that will make it sound gun but you can go further with you know, extractors (pace makers the common choice) lumpy cams for a awesome idle. hi flo cat, CAI, pod filter gives it a bit of a sucking noise and changes the sound a bit. and you go on from there but that would be the start... obviously get it chiped with the cams

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
high flow cat won't do **** unless you're pushing a fair bit of boost into the engine. don't bother getting a car 'chipped', get a custom dyno tune. it'll be spot on for your particular engine. and what's with 'cams' plural? please say that was a typo.....

rocco555

Reaction score
Members Ride
E46 M3
i'd pay good money to see a current pic of how this "beast" of a vr owned by "sic chick" turned out

vr drift king

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore series 2 S
vr commodore

i just bought a vr series 2 type S v6 for 4grand. came with extractors and mod chip. needs new paint job. but extractors and mod chip (pursuit) will make your car fly. i just added a pod filter and it sounds alot better. gives the car an extra 5-10hp more. not much but its something. im about to buy an intercooler and a turbo and a blow off valve to go in.

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
im about to buy an intercooler and a turbo and a blow off valve to go in.
Awesome! Fecking awesome, Im about to do the same to mine. But why a blow off valve on an auto? Without the throttle closing when you shift, how how will it build pressure?

nugatory

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S1 Station Wagon
according to sic_chick's stats, she joined in 2003 but hasn't had any activity since 1970... about 39 years ago...

I'm guessing the 1970 date was from when it was reset in the big Just Commodore forum crash a couple of years ago... meaning she hasn't logged on for a long long time...

Maybe we should email her and get her to come back!

VS6

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VS V6 UTE
a cannon as a first exhaust choice
geez that guy needs a life

westbad

Reaction score
Members Ride
bring back sic chick lol