Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Doing Up My Vn

D

dan2536

just want some tips on doing up my VN. im not that good with cars so any tips on making my VN run nice and look good would be greatly appreciated

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
few things to do mate.. i assume its v6

replace air filter with pod filter (check legality in your state) -$35 cheapo
replace spark plugs with higher conducting plugs - $35 - $50
replace coil pack with VP-VT coil pack (way better spark) - (Ebay $60-$150) ive seen
replace ignition leads - $20 - $30 is good
2 1/2 sports exhaust (redback have a nice note) - $200 - $250 is reasonable
change engine oil and transmission oil (huge difference) - $40
put a few mothballs in your fuel each time you fill up - $2 (HI OCTANE BOOST!) im serious...
another thing i found was brilliant to do, and FREE, was pull the manifold off the motor, and clean the bugger out PROPERLY, and re-seal it TIGHT. engine response is much better..

thats your entry level mods for a vn.. you can have a fully serviced well oiled smooth driving MEAN sounding vn commodore for around 400-500 bux depending on ya bargaining skills.

wanna go a little harder? look at camshaft and chip packages from crowcams
diff gears 3.75 4.11 etc maybe even a stroker kit (v6's are available now) engine rebuilds with port n polish, shave the heads, gearbox shifters, higher injectors and harder pumps.. few things that'd cost a few thousand but you'd embarrass a few v8's out there ;)

check out FIT if your budgets as big as your eyes, get a turbo manifold kit, intercooler and associated plumbing for your VN v6 for about 7,000 i think,
you sort it out mate

M

MavVP

Are you serious? Mothballs??????
I've never heard of that, how does that help, it doesnt damage anything does it?

MoSkA

Steriotypical Wog
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Subaru WRX
It can if you put too much.

Try to find Pure Napthalene and put 100g per 20L.

Otherwise make sure the mothballs have napthelene in them.

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
yeah mate .. i run my car on pure Napthalene.. check my post on it for more info if your interested!