Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Done to death

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
I have a ramjet on my VU SS, looks nice and neat, especially with the radiator shroud cut around it, almost looks OEM apart from the logo on the front, BUT, it is a bitch to get the filter out, I have yet to figure out a way to do it other than taking the front bar off, which as far as im concerned is a bit extreme for a filter service...

That's the thing. Whilst all these other OTR's do look good. Non look as stock as the DUSspeed, flow as well as it and have the ability to remove the filter so easily. They are a bit more expensive then the alloy jobs but for a reason.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
I have a ramjet on my VU SS, looks nice and neat, especially with the radiator shroud cut around it, almost looks OEM apart from the logo on the front, BUT, it is a bitch to get the filter out, I have yet to figure out a way to do it other than taking the front bar off, which as far as im concerned is a bit extreme for a filter service...

Thats one thing I like about the Dus. The filter can be taken out sooo easily. The problem I have with alloy OTRs like the VCM one is they stick out like dogs balls. You open the bonet and its the first thing anyone notices. This big shiny bit of alloy.

But the filter can be pinched together and taken out via the opening. and put back in with ease.

IMG_0079.jpg

Vz SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV Redline
My only issue with the duspeed is that I have seen a couple and once the start to get old they tend to get crackes though the coating then they look pretty average that's the only reason I didn't go one

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
My only issue with the duspeed is that I have seen a couple and once the start to get old they tend to get crackes though the coating then they look pretty average that's the only reason I didn't go one

Yeah mine has those crackles in the right hand corner, you might be able to see it on that photo.

Its only on the very corners, dunno if its the paint of the material they make the OTR from.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
just putting it out there. you don't have to go mafless if you don't want to.
although im not sure on the advantages/disadvantages of maf vs mafless completely other then it sounds like mafless will create more power

just look at reapers e3.
OTR and the police cant really have a go at him, as it still retains all the emissions gear it originally had from factory.

but yes.
go the OTR :p

bozodos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 MY06
That's the thing. Whilst all these other OTR's do look good. Non look as stock as the DUSspeed, flow as well as it and have the ability to remove the filter so easily. They are a bit more expensive then the alloy jobs but for a reason.

Got flow figures to prove that?

OP: get a VCM or similar one for around $500, still a bit of a rip off, but it's better than 700 or so for the DuSpeed one unless you want that look. As for hiding your MAFLess intake from cops, I wouldn't bother, they are probably going to notice it anyway

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
Factory plastic color. Even more subtle, less chance a cop will pick up on a DUS Otr then other.
u9e7e2e3.jpg

Was a tread one another forum with a 454lsx and it made more power with the Dus and didn't have pressure drops.

They are more expensive for a reason.

_senator_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hsv Vy senator s2 & Vt s2 5.7 calais
If your going to spend 500 why not go the extra 200 and make your life easier ,
You can get filter really easy looks oem & great painted.

2 u can sell the orig cover to someone with a v6 as they love them I did this to
& u don't have to meticulously cut your old one to fit right

= win win in my book

_senator_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hsv Vy senator s2 & Vt s2 5.7 calais
Factory plastic color. Even more subtle, less chance a cop will pick up on a DUS Otr then other.
u9e7e2e3.jpg

Was a tread one another forum with a 454lsx and it made more power with the Dus and didn't have pressure drops.

They are more expensive for a reason.

I don't care what anyone says metal gets hot I'd rather (cold induction)
Than a BBQ ( put flame suit on )

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
Fibreglass does still retain heat and alot longer than alloy

my glass OTR heats up alot in traffic which inturn increases the heat in the IAT sensor have seen it up to 50deg through my aeroforce gauges, after a bit of modding and moving the IAT its a bit better, still a PITA and when I start moving it takes a good long drive to bring it back to ambient!