Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Door closing issue. Missing rubber

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Hey guys.

My other vehicle is missing the rubber that surrounds the u shape bracket that the door clips shut to. It is making the door sit a couple mm out and causing havoc for my alarm system.

I am looking for suggestions on what to do to fix this issue. I can't find any second hand, have tried using electrical tape and heatshrink plastic with no luck.

Just to confirm, it is the part that is bolted to the door frame that the door latches to when shut. It normally has rubber on it which helps the door shut flush.

Any assistance appreciated. I can upload pics if my description is no use

ivabiggen

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz Executive
get another one, try a wrecking yard.

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Tried a heap of wreckers and online with nil luck. The car is 18 years old and somewhat rare. All 4 are on the way out so I'm hoping someone has a solution

ivabiggen

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz Executive
if we are talking about a commy here this is my fix it idea till you find a replacment part, remve one from rear door and use a piece of rubber to take up the slack, fit rear one to front door.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Can't U adjust where the striker sits? Move it up a smig if U can't get the rubbers

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Undo it, move it in a couple of millimetres and tighten it back up.

ivabiggen

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz Executive
if all efforts at adjustment fail go to plasics ~rubber welder and i reckon they could weld a new one on.

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
I'll look at moving the bracket back. I've had a go already and cannot get it tight enough for some reason. Might need some epoxy or fibreglass or something underneath to keep it snug.

Cheers for the suggestions. The car is a 94 wrx and parts are really hard to find

ivabiggen

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz Executive
I'll look at moving the bracket back. I've had a go already and cannot get it tight enough for some reason. Might need some epoxy or fibreglass or something underneath to keep it snug.

Cheers for the suggestions. The car is a 94 wrx and parts are really hard to find
yea thats what i meant by using piece of rubber as a spacer, iwould think that a part like that would be an generic item throughout the suby models.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I'm not too familar with the Subaru strikers but where is the rubber worn? Can u throw up a pic

If its on the top U need to lift the striker up