Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Door handle LED Illumination...

seraphic06

Woodgrain Nut
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina Wagon, VS Caprice Series II 5.0
If you splice into the orange - orange/white cable the lights will only come on when you open the door. You would be better splicing into the brown/white wire that illuminates the dash buttons.

holdendude

ŞuρξЯŞ†★Ř
Reaction score
Members Ride
*AL4SHO* VR Commodore
I endend up finding the wire but it's kinda hard to get to.... any other ideas?

HRVATSKI_VOJNIK

a.k.a KRIS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore V6
remove the central console side panel (just right of the dash, the panel with the air vent outlet which joins to the door vents) only held in by 3 screws.
you should see the wires going into the kick panel, separate the illumination wires from the other wires, gently pull towards you until you have enough length.

you can remove the kick panel, but its abit more "fiddly"

or as seraphic06 mentioned, go hunting for the brown/white wire if you want them to be on when you turn the lights on

Last edited:

a1k3m1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY II S-Pack 25th Anniversary
where did ya get the lighted handles from dude? .. now ya got me wanting to do the same!! haha

holdendude

ŞuρξЯŞ†★Ř
Reaction score
Members Ride
*AL4SHO* VR Commodore
sorry about the late reply, i just bought some white LED's and some little cradles/holders for them got a drill bit bout the same size and drilled into the top of the door handle, them inserted the bulb & holder in, sits about 1/1.5mm down so it's not too bulky and pointy :)

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Would like to see some pics, mate. And do the VR's have the rubber running from the door pillar into the door that contain the wires for speakers, etc, like the VY? Would like to know how to run extra wires through, as they look like a pain in the ass to run wires through the first part where this leaves the door pillar. Cheers.

holdendude

ŞuρξЯŞ†★Ř
Reaction score
Members Ride
*AL4SHO* VR Commodore
I'll throw up some pics later, yeh the vr's have that rubber thing your talking about, not sure about the vy's but you just remove the side kicker panels and locate where the wires traver and thread through, it's abit of fiddiling but you get there...

boomnvn

SOLDER, NO CRIMP.
Reaction score
Website
www.KungFuKustoms.com
Members Ride
VT Exec S1 V6
got those pics mate? i'm keen to try this on my VT...