Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Door seals

smokyJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III 5spd Ute
As these car's are starting to get on now, I know a lot of people who have had trouble with door seals falling off and what bonding agent is best to use to reattach them.

I restuck about 80% of the drivers side seal using Sikaflex pro about five months ago now. Haven't written anything up until now as I wanted to see how long the seal would last on there as i've had friends try with other products with all of them falling off. As it is now it hasn't sagged or loosened anywhere that I can see and still doesn't let any water through.

It was pretty mess free but I just used a wet cloth to get rid of the majority of the excess, then anything left can be peeled off once dry.

Hope this helps somebody.

VSHeaven

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim S2
I have a spare brand new VS drivers door one still sealed in it's Holden packaging for my VS but when this problem happened on my son's VS I used Loctite Contact Adhesive & Trim Cement. Seeks to have worked fine so far but I only did it 2 weeks ago.

bandit10

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
i have 4 good door seals in my spare parts/sales storage and wagon tailgate seal to :p

Beno1982

Beno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7L M6 sedan
i have 4 good door seals in my spare parts/sales storage and wagon tailgate seal to :p

do you want to sell the door seals bandit i went through the automatic car wash the other day and water coming through every door except the drivers side.

bandit10

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
do you want to sell the door seals bandit i went through the automatic car wash the other day and water coming through every door except the drivers side.

there listed in my sales thread vn-vs parts

lclynch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Commodore Ute
i used good old silicon, it sticks everything

brisman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commdore
What is the best way to get the doors seals off the trim, i have vs commodore