Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Door Trim

ypod

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SV6
Need to take door trim off to fix speaker rattling.
After taking all screws out the trims needs a pretty hard yank to get off (which I've not yet been successful) as I'm worried about breaking anything.

Are the clips easily breakable for those that have removed the trim before?

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
information I found very useful about VE door trim ages ago on a forum and pasted into a word doc on my desktop. as its copied and pasted from an old post in the past, I cant credit the original OP- sorry:

Remove the 5 screws on the outer edges of the trim, 3 bottom, 2 on the side nearest to the car, then there is one hidden under the armrest also.

The door handle has a plastic tab that needs to be removed by levering it off with a small flat edged screwdriver which will reveal a star key screw that needs to come off.

Then carefully pull the very top of the trim (put window down it makes it easier to do this) away from the door, you will see when these clips are all released as it comes away, these are metal clips here so dont worry it wont break unless your violent.

Then work your way around the door carefully popping numerous clips holding the trim to the door, this takes a bit of fiddling as one in the bottom left of the drivers door, and bottom right on passenger door is a slide tab that faces towards the front of the car to release it (a C shaped holder) but this will pop out like any other clip, just remember when re assembling to slide it in correctly or the trim wont hold.

And thats how the door trim, on the front at least, comes off

ypod

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SV6
Thanks that was lots of help. I took the door trim off today only to find the skin on the speaker is making the vibration noise and now i'm stuck back to square one again cos i have no idea what to do about that... other than change the speaker which i dont wanna do..