Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Door wont open from inside or outside, how to open it to fix it?

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
I have a VT Commodore and a few days ago I went to my car to open the door and it wouldn't open from the outside so I had to open the passenger door and open it from the inside then walk around and get in. I ordered a new outer door handle online and planned to fix it but it hasn't arrived yet.

Yesterday while opening the door from the inside it didn't open either... so I jumped over from the passenger side and and tried opening it and still no go.

I'm 6'6 and its pretty awkward for me to jump over the middle every time I get in the car, also I live in apartments and there is always people outside and it feels pretty stupid doing it too while everyone looks and wonders what I am trying to do. Let alone doing it down the main street or at shopping centers or just every time I go anywhere.

Any ideas how to get the door open?

greasemonkey24

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pac 3.8
was the window down by any chance???

greasemonkey24

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pac 3.8
sometimes the metal rod inside the door lock kind of... falls away from straight up position and can jam without actually lifting the mechanism to unlock

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
No it was up, I have the new outer door handle since yesterday.
Im going to see if I can take the lock out and see anything inside and maybe open it with some wire.